Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Not Gonna Put Out

"Oh, lordy, here comes Wednesday! That's when the strands of muscle on my left hand begin to feel as if they're about to come off. Bring on Wednesday!"

-Me

Yeah, it's almost like clockwork these days. As the week wears on, my body takes a toll. The closer it gets to Friday, the worse things will be. So far, nothing new has suffered. Still got my feet. Still got my thumbs. If a long box flips up and hits my balls, I'm done for.

Been watching HBO's True Blood show tonight. Took a little peek after the debate because nothing beats wishing being a vampire down in New Orleans where a sexy Anna Paquin tends bar. As much as it would be nice to do, the main vampire didn't use his powers to seduce her as you would think. Sure would be nice to not suffer the aches and pains of work. Sure would be nice to have amazing strength without having to pay for it in sweat with weights. But dammit, there's a mysery to solve down in New Orleans as someone's killing locals. The Lost Boys didn't make it out of California, did they?

The debate didn't do anything new for me. Still lovin' Obama with all my cold, cold heart's desire. It's McCain that has shown nothing of the sort when it comes to solving problems except to make more. 26 years in the government and he suddenly makes a false turn to solve our country's problems? While Obama brings up the desire to stop using our money for overseas fuel importing, that's gonna take some time. Why is it I hear about various local people being able to build engines that run on nothing yet nary a whisper about it nationally? Loved Rolling Stone's biography on McCain that did nothing to surprise me yet makes sense. A man that gets upset over an enemy's surrender all because he wanted to gun some more down is not one to lead.

It's weird how everyone is complaining about money woes all while my wages go up every 3 months. No one wants to do what I do. Our company goes through more employee turnover than I know what to do with. Say hello to someone once only to find they just quit. The deaf guy, a few veterans, and one Mexican are all I've known for the past 3 months. Our number of co-workers have gone up while that's just a temporary thing. In a few months, everyone's just too tired to come in. Give us your fatties and we'll make 'em skinny.

So, with all that in mind, I'm gonna get on up outta here, y'all. Want to go to bed now. But before I go, I tested out that Blu-Ray DVD player on a 1982 movie, Ladies And Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains. Put the disc in a regular player and found it to look like something from the late 90's. Tried the movie in the Blu-Ray player and, boy, it was clear as day! It was the 1980's all over again, just as I remember them! This little known cult movie with a 15-year-old Diane Lane was fun to watch. It takes talent to sing a song like "We're Not Gonna Put Out" in a very punkish atmosphere. Grity and so worth seeing with catchy songs for a surround sound system. Watch it. Happy twats all around.

2 comments:

Samantha Duncan said...

I think I saw that movie on TV a long time ago? Although I don't get how it compares to Weeds.

You may not be fucked when it comes to the economy but I see a lot of problems in local independent bookstores.

Good thing I work for a large, national chain bookstore, then. :D In all seriousness, though, it almost seems backwards to me that the secondhand/independent bookstores would suffer in these times, while the big, upscale bookstore is not only doing well but remains one of the most successful retail chains in the country. I would think that if everyone's so strapped for cash, it's the secondhand bookstores they'd be flocking to, not the chain one(s), just as more middle class people are frequenting goodwill stores instead of the big clothing retailers. Then again, the small businesses are always the ones to suffer in a weak economy.

Samantha Duncan said...

It should be obvious which one I'm talking about, as Borders is on the verge of bankruptcy and Barnes remains one of the most successful chains in the country. They're both about as average as each other, in terms of obscure titles, but if you want to stay afloat in the market, you kind of have to cater to the mainstream.

Also, I'm obviously biased, but B&N has far better customer service than Borders. And I tended to avoid the latter anyway because I never understood why they would increase their list prices.