Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What I Value

It's been said over and over again that the American Dream is dying. You know it, to own a home and have kids jump over that white picket fence. Well, what if your dream is different? I've never thought of kids. In fact, I fucking hate the little pricks! For me, it's all about going to work at 8AM or 9AM and coming home to a nice clean apartment around early evening. Then, it's on to a quiet dinner with the girlfriend which is then followed by us hitting the gym. It's in the gym that we debate the latest news on CNN as we lightly jog on the treadmills. After a shower together, I might find myself reading or lightly flicking around with the channels. Hell, I might even find myself outside tinkering away on a hobby or two. I'm not one to sit around doing nothing but there is an occasion where I might drink a beer while enjoying a nice flick that involves a superhero or two. All I know is that the American Dream is basically, to me, the ability to find myself settled and feeling secure in some form of a home. We've got Clinton to thank for the housing problems since he thought everyone that worked at McDonald's deserved the chance to own a $300,000 home. Bush has put us in so much debt that I'm surprised he can count past '10.' My own girlfriend does not seem to know how to clean up after herself no matter how many times she insists this is possible. I just value neatness, neatness that isn't completely perfect. My allergies and sensitive nose make life difficult. Obama looks neat. My mom says I'm a good chooser of people with qualities. I choose Obama.

No comments: