Monday, May 19, 2008

I Added Peas

"I added peas."

-Mr. And Mrs. Smith (when Mr. Smith states that there is something different about dinner)

I always loved that line. It's not just that one but many others that I can recite so easily. Just witness Sara and I watching Mr. And Mrs. Smith (again) on Sunday night and you'll get the gist. We get the whole joke because that, if you ever find a movie that is basically you, is us.

I think T.G.I.Friday's is trying to kill me. Order a slushie drink and they just keep coming thanks to free refills. 3 overly sugar packed kool-aid-looking ones came at me with amazing speed. As soon as I was done with one, the waitress brought another and another and another. Being hyped up on sugar had me jittery and far-gone retarded then ever before.

It's obvious that I am back here in town. Very, very tired from dropping off my bags, off to work, 150 push-ups, walk the dog, and clean up the mess someone made on my room's floor. All in all, I never really get to sit down til the early evening. Life just never fucking stops enough to let me catch my breath. Makes me wonder how I had the time to listen for the ice cream man's bell so I could shake my mom down for a few quarters. Where did I have so much energy?

Funny how I feel so much like I'm part of Sara's family. Caught myself humming along to Bon Jovi's interview on 60 Minutes with her mom in the kitchen. Yes, one of the best karaoke songs has to be 'Living On A Prayer' as we reminisce to our days of tight jeans and major hairspray issues. For me, it was sitting on the metal fence and trying my hardest to sound like a music critic all while deciphering those words. C'mon, you know it, too.

"Janie, used to work on the docks".....and then somewhere out comes a "We'll give it a shot say whoaaaaaaa halfway there...oh ohhhh living on a prayer!"

Whatever. Music is just something you have to have because some of it can transfer you right back to a place you would've forgotten. Pat Benatar and even Phil Collins can show you how weird I get.

So, I really need to hit the hay or I'll pass out here on a keyboard with letters embedded into my skull. UR MORON LOL FRT ON U M8 could happen to anyone that tends to think hair metal has another chance of a comeback or is actual good music. Tomorrow, I'll explain why I sat completely naked through Bravo's So You Think You Can Dance, every fucking episode where my balls were scrunched on a couch. Think I'm kidding? Cat's leave their hair. Is it possible I left behind some of my balls'? Happy twats all around.

1 comment:

Still just me said...

So, come on over to my blog and let me know what your favorite tunes are at this moment. I have all the Bon-Jovi, I need something interesting.