Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Memorial Day?

"When you sleep with someone, are you screwing the family?"

-Sex And the City

So, what are YOU doing this weekend? Like it happens every year, I forget Memorial Day comes up. It's the one Holiday that I never can remember no matter how hard I try. There's nothing really to celebrate because it's all one big fucking excuse to plop the kids in the wagon and hit the highway to hear in sing-songy voices that Barney loves you. Love him back, dammit! Purple dinosaurs are a bitch to deal with when it comes to 3-year-olds.

Of course, I don't have kids. Hate 'em. This weekend, I will, surprise surprise, be in Indiana with a twist. A couple Sara and I have known for some time got engaged on New Year's. They now own a house that needs warming up. Weird to know us young 'uns are allowed to own homes. You'd see it as weird, too, when there were nights spent watching Star Trek and drinking beer. Hooray for the beer. Never got the love of Star Trek, unlike others that made it so popular that stadium seating was needed on the final Beer Trek night.

But a home? Sara and I took a look at it on Friday night. Nice and majorly awesome for us males. There's lots to do, fixing up style. I've got a lower floor for just us guys to hang out in because women can be, like, so annoying at times. On Friday, I got called out to head on down when the two of us were tired of hearing the girls yak about the usual trivial shit. What goes on when the boys want to be alone? Usually, it's beer. This time it was putting up a bookshelf. Bookshelves get some love when girls go loopy.

We've grown up. Actually, Sara doesn't like that term, "grow up," because it's really the point where you heart dies. Ever notice how there are a lot of adults that are just plain dull? I mean, you try to find humor in all sorts of things just begging for it's all for naught because you only get a stone-face? When you grow up, your heart truly dies. You're boring and belong in a cubicle for the rest of your miserable life while some of us still go to the park to swing on the swing-set. I, on the other hand, still find it delightful to do naked cartwheels.

Cookouts happen and we might as well enjoy them with what little freedoms we have left during this regime under Bush. When I was a kid, I never got why I'd see guys hang around a grill while holding beers. Now I do. Love 'em. Beer, bullshittin', and complimenting on any pair of titties on display is the sign of a perfect Holiday. No work discussion. Enjoy your beer. Talk about who has the worst possible game in bedding a girl. Hope that your girlfriend's hot friend's tit pops up when preparing the Slip N Slide.

Another reason to smile? Getting off of work early.

Oh, and if you're bitching about being broke thanks to gas prices, I'm with ya. 79 miles adds up, especially when you go 2 weekends in a row. The way I look at it is this. If you're happy with someone, things like that shouldn't bother you. To further this, I'd say that I'd rather be broke and happy than rich and miserable. Can you believe all this sentimentalises all while wearing a Ghostbusters t-shirt?

What I do love is walking down the street with my little dog all while wearing my grey Batman t-shirt with the large yellow symbol. Sara says I look hot in it. Is the tightness the reason I see old ladies smile as they drive by? Or is it that my little dog is the cutest thing when combined with a large guy that sometimes has to bend down to give it a pep talk? Trust me. You girls have thongs to hint while I have a clear sighting of my Calvin Kleins peeking out.

I'm outta here and possibly going to read a little bit of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer graphic novels. Never knew they were this good, artwork that is. How well the character is drawn is important to me. Still cannot believe that guy on MTV's The Real World stole that girl's panties. She should have looked straight into the camera and stated that the man is a panty-sniffer. And the Japanese smile. Happy twats all around.

No comments: