Sunday, January 13, 2008

Da House That Dorks Built

Weird Fact: Law Of the Bier was an ancient legal ordeal practiced in Scotland that required suspects to touch the corpses of the murder victims. It was believed if the dead body started bleeding on contact with the suspect, he or she was the killer.

-Rue Morgue

I love weird shit like that. While we now have science on our side (and C.S.I. or any autopsy show), you've gotta find the old days interesting with possibilities. Where did they come up with the idea that a corpse would still bleed? Who decides on the possible execution methods? What liquids can help someone in the same way we have forensics? Did you know that blood sprays have a pattern? Did those in the past know this?

Watch Showtime's Dexter if you want to know a bit more on forensics from a serial killer. Amazing show! It's no wonder 95% of people interviewed thought the season finale was so good.

Life is not all good. Remember my issues with rain? Well, it's even worse up north where my aunt and uncle live. The local river has risen and has made its way up to their house. You'd think a lagoon has suddenly formed. This is not new but its the worst this has ever gotten. Trust me. We'll be hearing from them in a couple days or so on the flooding situation. All the various news centers have been talking about the flooding up north for the midwest all week.

Yes, obviously I stayed home this weekend. Just cannot understand women sometimes. Sara tells me she wanted the time for herself. Understandable after how crazy things were with the Holidays and that New Year's Eve party where I ended up D-R-U-N-K after being there for only 1.5 hours. There was that snowstorm, too. I'd pretty much throw in the towel by insisting on sleeping all day on Saturday.

Then again, that's not me. I'm all over the fucking place. Sara then tells me late last night that she wishes I had come by on Friday. Me, too. Nothing like getting off work and finding a boy in your bed. Right, ladies? Nothing makes you get out of those work clothes, demand a heavy makeout session, and then proceed right to where the magic happens. Otherwise, there is no point to life.

Unless, you are addicted to cartoons and Family Guy...........

Lost interest in making entries here this weekend. Just nothing to report due to very cold weather where I went out and bought that damn allergen comforter I've had my eye on for months. Perfect timing. I was warm and snug underneath that thing that I woke up feeling so good. All things must end, of course. Off to eat breakfast, sit-ups, and hit the gym. Yes, I'd rather be having sex with Sara but you've gotta do with what you can.

Found out my satellite TV has a 24-hour cartoon channel with some badass shit! Scooby-Doo, Thundarr the Barbarian, the original Superfriends, Batman, and some others I've yet to find out. I'd love to see the old Addams Family cartoon, Transformers, GIjoe, Captain Caveman, and whatever else my warped mind can remember from long ago. Hell, Bravestar came out on DVD recently! Loved the theme song.

Guess you've discovered my fantasy. Go to work for those 8 fucking hours, work out, and curl up on the couch with Thundercats like I did when I was little. Good thing Sara knows it as well. When she saw the DVD set of it in my room, she does what everyone does.

"Thunder.........thunder.........Thundercats............HOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I'm pretty sure the "Hooooo" is "home" but no one can verify this claim. The cartoon, Thundercats, was okay but it's just one of those that makes you want to stand up and sing the theme song as it plays. You can do moronic martial arts moves and pretend a friend is Cheetara. If you have no friends, just point out to something on the dresser as if it is one singing along with you. No matter how dorky you feel, remember that there are far dorkier people out there that swing objects thinking they are lightsabers. My favorite is when I come across a sliding door and pretend to use the Force to open it like in Star Wars.

So, I'm outta here as I await 5 days of hellish work prior to taking off for Indiana where I will mount the female awaiting me. I hope. There is nothing like being a dork and knowing that your dorkiness is appreciated. Happy twats all around.

No comments: