Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Somebody's Gotta Yell "Vagina!"

"I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death."

-New American Standard Bible

Love that quote because it can go with so much I have to say in this entry. I've just gotten back from watching an MMA (mixed martial arts) bout where the much hyped Kimbo Slice made his debut. Let me tell ya something. You cannot miss this guy. Kimbo is from Miami, Florida and is best described as a former street-fighter that's tougher than anything found under disciplined martial arts. The dude is ever scary to look at, big, black, and with a full beard underneath menacing eyes. I'd run and would be seen as rightly so. Mr. Slice knocked out a very experienced fighter in 19 seconds. Why do I want to see more of this guy?

Death has been pretty much all around today. I'm sure you've heard the news of Heath Ledger's dead body being found by the masseuse. It's all over the fucking place and even I let out a big yelp upon hearing this. I've always liked Heath, ever since we Americans were introduced to this Aussie in 10 Things I Hate About You. While I loved it for Julia Stiles and her character, a lot of girls could not stop talking about him. Must have been the face but, for me, it was his simple likability to be a guy not interested in being part of the Hollywood machine. You make that kind of money yet you dress like a bum!?!

Yes, I do have a problem with watching 2 guys kiss. It's weird, no? Heath, apparently, did not have issues with playing a gay character in Brokeback Mountain. I'm sure there were thousands of jokes of Heath taking up the ol' 'back door' but were shrugged off. I admire that along with his ability to blend into a character. I know I complain a lot about Hollywood's tendency to never do things with actual thought. Heath, possibly because he was not American, did things his own way even under the possibility of being seen as conflicting with 'American Values' as placed under the religious right's need to tell us that homosexuality is wrong.

Of course, this new Batman movie is going to be under a lot more scrutiny. With Heath Ledger playing the Joker, my favorite character along with Batman himself, we're going to read more and more about this ability to blend into the world of Gotham. Remember that Bruce Lee's son, Brandon, died on the set of The Crow, another great movie, where an actor took over something cherished by the few willing to read something different than what Hollywood usually sold us.

Could it be drugs? I know Heath Ledger was a little 'out there' at times with his style of not being able to stand out in a crowd of bums. I've plenty of friends here that I work with that can make you wonder if they beg for change. Why would someone with that kind of luck in being involved in movies allow that? Pressure? I don't see how that would be an issue. The new Batman flick pretty much set him up as someone we'll hear about for a long time, even decades later. Jack Nicholson took The Joker and laughed all the way to the bank. Heath, a much darker Joker, would have the comic book geeks salivating for centuries. Have you seen the pictures from the movie set?

Another death has involved a friend of mine, Richard. He found his dad had died in his sleep yesterday. Never knew someone would smile while describing his dead father upon finding him. That's Richard and it could just be possible how he was happy that it happened in sleep, a way I'd like to go out, too. Or defending this world from evil sea creatures or ignorant rappers, whichever comes first to attack our world.

Now, this all brings me to reality. I'm sitting here wondering how it'll be for me when it comes to my parents. Hell, I never thought I'd reach the age I'm at but surprises do happen no matter how many times a sport takes my shoulders out of their sockets. My mum's pretty frail as it is. Not gonna think about it.

So, you'll pretty much understand why I'm not exactly jumping up and down with joy today. Rather opposite. I'm physically drained from my needing 2 days to recover from Indiana and the constant cold weather hitting me hard on each walk through the enormous parking lot.

The only amusing thing I can tell you is that Sara is going to be in a play on *I think* Valentine's Day. The play itself is not a surprise that she'd want to be in, The Vagina Monologues. I'm sure that there are some small-minded folks that find it disgusting for women to be up on stage to tell the world why vaginas should be loved instead of ordering women to close their legs. I'm, to be honest, quote proud to hear that Sara will be up on stage as 3 or more women start off the play by saying 'twat,' 'cunt,' 'pussy,' and 'mimi' as proudly as possible.

Those that have read me for years know how I love vaginas. They smell funny in a good way. Get all pretty when you lick them. Enjoy being filled with various objects. Leave little scented puddles that turn men into panty sniffers. Yogurt is a cure for yeast infections, too, so even food helps out our little pink friends with the funny lips. Oh, we could go on and on but it's such a thrill to sit in an audience where people enjoy the little things and spit on the bad things. While Sara's letter from a female gigolo is about how she enjoys making vaginas happy, others are not so nice. Another woman will inform about the realities of female circumcision, the removal of the clitoris, trimming of the labia, and sewing shut of a portion of the vagina's entrance. It's mostly in Africa but practiced in a lot of places thanks to religion.

Gee, why do you think I hate religion so much..........or are you still following the shit and telling us all that we should follow the bible's teachings? Are you working Sunday? Did you sacrifice your kid for fucking up the time-tables at work? Somebody did anal? Better turn around or you'll be salt.

So, I'm outta here as I'll possibly dwell on vaginas more or just go into my usual rants on life later on. I'm pretty damn tired even though I did find more of the sun to be out as I walked out of work's door. Nice to know there is hope for reaching Spring. Happy twats all around.

No comments: