Monday, January 28, 2008

Sing Me Prayer

This just in: Britney's manager said in an interview that Britney Spears has 'mental issues.' Ya think?

I was having an okay day that got better only because of an email from Sammy. Somehow, within all those sentences telling me various things, there was a gem that made my day. Sometimes, it's the little things we notice that can make it all worthwhile. It's rare to get the little brown girl tangerine your mother warned you about to open up.

So, where was I? Oh, I know! I'm crushing on Dawn. Wait a minute. I'm going to fast for y'all as I have to make it clear that I watched a TV show tonight while finishing my closet. All done. I didn't realize I had left the channel to MTV, one of the worst places to find any sort of creativity, and became bombarded by Making the Band 4. Oh, how I missed thee as I suddenly find myself with a little taste for flavor. Dawn, you are H-O-T.

*Squeals like a girl*

Okay, I'll be serious now as I try to explain my love/hate for Making the Band. Love the various people as they try to make their own ways in the studio under a corporation almost as evil as Wal-Mart, P. Diddly. Why is it everytime he makes his way in the studio it's like the show should be about him? P. Diddly has to take the girls'/guys' shine away and place it back on him, a guy that lives off of a dead bloated rapper, Biggie. The premise sounds nice, give groups of people a chance to make an album while living together. You'll automatically get drama and possible romance. There's always a diamond in there just waiting to be found. But why oh why does P. Diddly need to constantly have all eyes on him when he walks into the studio?

Let's chat. Dawn? Wow! I used to have a huge crush on Aubrea but found her to have slowly turned into a Tara Reid look-alike. Yuck. She had this charisma that was suddenly zapped away from her all in hopes to look like a filthy blonde. Not my style. Aundrea put on some weight but is constantly cute. Dawn? Q, one of the guys in the other band, is so gonna not be able to resist a girl that wants to draw some focus onto her booty.

Sorry about that. I, for some reason, took great notice when Making the Band came on. While I hate the fact that these singers are ordered to sing songs made by other people, I find it interesting how so much energy is based on the looks of people. Dawn can sing so I'm rooting for her. It's just that there was this whole question from Diddly asking inappropriate questions about her stomach. Fitness is important for being up on stage but Dawn was never what you'd say as too winded to sing.

Whatever happened to people singing what they've made? I've always wondered why things have gotten to the point that a good looking individual comes in, is given songs written by another person, he/she sings records them, memorizes dance choreography, and then collects mucho dinero. I'd rather listen to what someone comes up with themselves and not manufactured robot shit about how much money you have. No one picks up a guitar to sing their hearts out about love lost gained or that the damn dog got run over by a Humvee again. Its lost 3 legs so a dude is gonna be bawlin' his eyes out as he's unable to drive off in the pickup truck full of cold beer in the cooler.

As I said, the closet is done. Finished it tonight after working out. Why I am a packrat like this, I'll never know. Every magazine had to be thumbed through to see why I kept it. Was there an article on Eliza Dushku? Is a Victoria's Secret model wearing barely anything? What I did love was the trip down memory lane where Tomb Raider was just starting to be filmed and any sighting of Angelina Jolie dressed as Lara Croft was pure gold. That would be way back in the 1990's a now folded magazine called Movieline. I miss it for the delicious articles and directors talking about their home theater set-ups. I'm so about the surround sound output because I do that kind of stuff as a hobby. Sara's parents had theirs set up by yours truly. James Taylor has the kind of music all speakers should be tuned for.

Wondering why I lost weight. Normally, I weigh myself after a workout on Monday nights. Just see what's going on when it comes to all this strength gained. Did I put on anything or am I still stuck on 201? What!?! I'm now 194? It's weird because I haven't changed a damn thing when it comes to eating. During winter, people gain weight so it might be possible that I can be much more over the 200 mark. So, why did I go down so much?

Doesn't really matter because I got hit on the side by Slutwatcher. Haven't seen him in over 2 weeks so I do miss his antics of distracting me by telling whose shorts he can see up now. Watch as I mimic him crying over his beloved Dallas Cowboys losing in the playoffs. Guys are so sensitive over their favorite football teams. Oh, yeah, and their weight.

Right now, our schools are going over religion being allowed within them. The Muslim kids are being allowed tardies thanks to morning prayers. You know me. I hate this and how religion is being allowed in public schools. Private schools? Dealt with that too fucking long with those goddamn nuns but it bothers me with public schools. You pray? Do it on your own time since you came to school to learn. No, I'm not in a bad enough mood to do a big entry on this.

So, I'm going to stop here as I still have a small amount of healing on my middle finger to deal with. Cut it open on Friday's work complete with a little blood splatter left on the dock. It just got worse as I even smashed my right knee into a metal pole. That was pain pure and simple as I lay on my back right after. I'm so afraid of infection that I placed 2 band-aids on that cut. There is so much dirt I have to deal with that it's a must. This boring entry must end now. Happy twats all around.

No comments: