Thursday, January 3, 2008

Too Cold For Sex

"Should old aquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind.....then why sing about those losers now, unless you're tanked on really cheap wine."

-Non Sequitur

Scary. It's that feeling you are trapped in one place all thanks to a nasty snowstorm that blanketed the whole town. In this case, our hero was unable to drive home after finding out that not being able to see the roads leaves a large city completely quiet. How do you know this? The old traditional route of lunch at the local Chinese restaurant, of course. Never have I seen the roads so bare. Never have I seen myself as being completely idiotic for venturing out on such a day.

I made it back this morning, after learning that my back car doors were frozen. Had to pack everything in the front because it was too cold to deal with tossing things in the back after chipping all the ice off the windshields. You may have hurricanes or tornadoes. I have frozen fingers and balls that grown their own icicles. It's all relative, really.

Actually, I wouldn't use the term 'trapped' since it was kind of fun. My boss knows I go to Indiana here and there so it's inevitable that one of these types of moments will come up where I want to just lay in bed underneath some heavy covers after a long night of drinking. That I did. It's just that there is that 'nice guy' part that hates missing work when he's not sick. Yeah, those nuns really grilled me on wrong and right. Lesson one is where we learn that looking up a nun's dress just means we will be looking into legs that resemble a forest full of untamed trees.

Coming to work was interesting. Remember how I told you that I like my job and the many people that I work with? My boss makes it known that I am back. Earned some applause and pats on the back. Amazing. I've never felt that from a job. Ever. No longer am I suspicious. Honored is the better term as I feel wanted. Ninjas do have feelings.

If you are planning on seeing I Am Legend, I'll be frank. I did not like it. Sara enjoyed it but I felt they went too far away from the book. There was nothing that made it unique, something the book had. The infamous ending to I Am Legend? Gone. Boring. Read the book, it's so much deeper and mysterious in writing. There's a secret society, a bat-shit ex-friend (I so relate now), and more possibility. Do we ever get anything in movies that make us think anymore? Sara cried, though, something I've yet to see a movie do to her til now. For animal lovers, it is hard to watch a dog die, even if it's fake. Rape scenes and animal deaths make me wonder if I want to see the flick no matter how much praise the critics give it.

As for the New Year's Eve party.........there is drunk and then there is D-R-U-N-K. Barely an hour had passed by and I was already D-R-U-N-K. Lovely to have a girlfriend that knows how to slow down in talking to me during the drinking game being played. I've felt pretty damn good with Sara's friends' parties. We're all just crazy goofballs. Some are armed. Others will shock you with nerdiness. We're proud of how much we know even if some of us are slurring too much. There is nothing better than belting out Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' to end the night's karaoke session where I made everyone cover their ears. The part that goes 'For meeeeeeeee!' can be taken a little too far.

Announcements were made. One couple is now engaged. The usual reactions take place. Some were confused while others knew this would happen within these next few months. It's nice to know there will be a wedding coming up that involves Sara and I having to dress nicely and I can sing some Queen all by my drunk lonesome as a little girl looks at me as if I sat on her Bratz doll.

Another couple has taken a different route. They've moved in together, something that scares Sara and I. I mean, we are, after all, still going the safest way possible by allowing myself a dresser. From a bathroom drawer to a dresser could be something to make an announcement about to everyone at the party but I don't think anyone would get why.

"Aw shut yo' yap, boy! I'm trying to drink me beer all by me lonesome. No pussy for me but you's get a whole dresser where she'll most likely end up taking that over soon enough. Toilet seats and toothpaste issues. Women."

So, I'm hoping I will get to do my Year End entry where I go over this year. Gonna need loads of sleep and good feelings. The time has come to let it all out and forget it. Being attacked by an uninteresting writer does that. Sara was right. A girl can get jealous of lil' ol' me all while not admitting how angry she is about her life. Happy twats all around.

No comments: