Thursday, March 27, 2008

Brown Girl Of Death

"Know this, telemarketers.
When you ignore the innocents
saying they are uninterested,
I will become interested.
When you trick them into ordering,
I will treat them to your suffering.
And when the phone rings in the dead of dinner,
I will answer with bullet and blade.
I am Bun-Bun!"

-Little Evils by Sluggy Freelance (Never call a switchblade wielding bunny at dinner)

Almost had a car accident, a big one. A small Indian girl on her cell phone just decided to turn into my lane with no warning. My first thought was:

"Since when did Sammy come into town? Wow, she's still mad at me and she means business when off her meds with a cell phone!"

This will be the only time I will admit that a small brown girl could scare me. No blinking light to tell me she was going to get into my lane. Just a sudden right turn and I'll admit to eye-hand-coordination from video games paid off.

I've got to leave this weekend. My heart, as of this moment, just isn't into this trip to Chicago all thanks to rain, rain that has gone on or threatened for the past few days. This weekend, we are supposed to get more. That's just not something you want to have happen when going on a nice trip to get away, especially to meet an author. Sara loves Christopher Rice's books while I've yet to read one. I know, I know I'm bad at getting started on things ever now and then. You already know it by heart. This week's work has worn me the fuck out to the point that all I wish to do is have head hit pillow underneath a soft comforter.

Of course, I do want to see Sara, just with sunny skies. The past few days I've thought redo because of how late I was falling asleep. Sara was out. It's her bed so she's used to it. I, on the other hand, have cat allergies so I have to sleep face-up or my right eye will swell up. Since the cat, Lenore, likes to come in and leave hair or cat dandruff on my pillow, it gets into my eye easily. You'd think I was completely baked out of my mind if you saw my eye.

Not sure what to do about Sara's roommate. Still on the outs when it comes to her. A part of my frustration (I do not hate her. She's nice in some ways.) has to do with how she treats Sara. How can you just drop your garbage on the floor and leave it!?! I, seriously, do not get that at all. Plastic bags from Target are left for weeks. There are times where I think the roommate wishes I were not there so she'd have Sara all to herself. With very few friends, a girl can get this way.

Work was slower today. Hooray! You'd swear that a large herd of ferrets with squeaky voices were behind me saying that. Things might be slowing down. Yes, I know they will go back up but I'll take what I can get in not having my body feel so worn the fuck down.

Oh, I'd like everyone to take their hats off and give 5-minutes of silence due to a comic book store burning down. A town I pass through had a large downtown fire suddenly happen. One of the major places hit was a bookstore with comic books as well. I was horrified to hear this. All those books and comics that won't find themselves being read! You can burn the flag but not even the worst book of all should suffer such a fate.

That would explain where I got the quote for above. I've slowly fallen in love with a graphic novel containing a cute killer bunny rabbit that packs a switchblade, a man-eating-alien, 1 nerd, 1 guy that makes deadly toys, a girl once possessed by a demon, 1 woman that is suffering from bad grades as a result of the people/things I've just mentioned, and a cute ferret that likes to karaoke to Air Supply. Little Evils is one of the most demented online comic strips ever but for nerds only. A lot of geek jokes and, yes, all male fights will stop on the event of a woman's boob coming into view.

Tits are just cool to look at and even better is when they suddenly appear at unexpected times. However, I'd still karaoke with a ferret any old day.

I'm just not into packing right now. I can look to my left and see that my bag is partially full. 1 pair of cargo pants is in there while 2 pairs of Calvins await their placement in keeping mah balls from flying all over as I walk the city's sidewalks. What is bothering me is not knowing if I Sara and I are staying a night in Chicago or coming back right after the book signing. The Shedd Aquarium is what I'd like to visit while she's most likely into going to art museums. Fight will take place on Michigan Avenue and it's not going to be pretty.

So, I'm going to let you go here. This is the first time I'll admit to being a little lonely here on Blogspot. Pretty much daily, I've told you my thoughts and inner weirdness but I miss how the old blog felt like a large gathering. Had a lot of online friends while this one is much quiet thanks to so many lurkers. What is it with you people!?! It's creepy to wonder if I'm laughed at or with. All this came about thanks to a little visit to my old blog and seeing how so many people jumped ship. I miss getting so many comments, even the mean ones. Happy twats all around.

1 comment:

Samantha Duncan said...

First of all, I'm not a bad driver, and second, I don't know where my cell phone is at the moment, so I can't say I use it all that much.

I miss getting so many comments, even the mean ones.

And you say women are the ones who crave attention?