Monday, April 21, 2008

Sweatin' Like A Mexican

"There is nothing more comforting on a bad day than hearing your mother say that she made cake."

-Me

First of all, I would like to state that I do like my job. While I don't love it, I've found that after almost 7 months it has a lot more pros than cons. Time goes by so fast. There is rarely a set of moments where I find myself looking at the clock. You're just too fucking busy. Many of the people I work with are quite professional. Some may have that worker drone syndrome where they will tell you that they love it there but you know better. It is nice to find people that get the job done when you need help instead of just playing around with a bag of Cheetos. Seriously, there is one guy that likes to take Cheeto breaks when he shouldn't, seeing as many of us don't even take an actual break. Bosses change every 3 to 5 months so I get a new face to memorize. It can be a little annoying but some have better qualities in areas you found the other lacking in, for instance.

Now, my problem. I asked my current boss about the two days I requested off for next week. All I got was that he never received the paper. I know better. It was placed under the clip board clear as day within the amount of time, 2 weeks prior to asking. I don't know if this is a lie, seeing as we need people desperately. I've mentioned before that we have the girls working with us. Now that is just odd, seeing the opposite sex being ordered to heave around things weighing 30-100 pounds.

Fuck 'em. I'm taking the days off that I requested by calling in sick. I came to work when I had the flu and that nasty cold that caused me my temperature to rise during all that lifting. Yes, there was 1 day I took off thanks to the flu being far too unbearable to even touch things. The soreness all around my skin hurt like hell. A part of me is kind of angry with this corporation. Not only is it being sued for back taxes in how it labeled certain employees as 'contractors' in order to avoid paying medical/dental but we handle thousands of dollars worth of things all while working a measly wage. I don't even care about the money but there are too many moments where I've felt screwed over so it's time I screwed 'em back. They need workers so bad but I want a few things:

1). I need to recover. My body is worn the fuck down so much that I need more sleep these days thanks to the heat.

2). The managers, many times, don't do jack shit. All they are required to do is watch over us worker bees as we lift/push/pull objects weighing mucho amount of weight. You want things done faster? Get in there and help, assholes. Just love it when one stands there to watch.

3). The wrong people have been rewarded. Many times, I feel like I am overlooked a lot. There was one guy recognized even after I've not seen him do much. There is no interest, for me, in glory but it would be nice if my lifting over 50 carpets was a good thing.

So, there you have it. I'm staying in Indiana til Wednesday morning at a house where a small dog needs looking after. Sara cannot be there on Tuesday because she has bowling that night. No one can take the little guy outside, etc. Just me. I'm totally fine with it, too, because I want to see how my allergies react to not being around cats as much as I'm forced to on each visit. Love cats but hate the sneezing and achy feeling. Sara hates it that my sex drive leaves me when things get like this.

And, yes, there are times I think about quitting this job. We'll see. With more workers, things would be much better. A crew of 20-something would be the greatest!

So, I'm in the mood for more cake after losing 6 pounds. Never thought that much weight could mean such a difference but my abs are..................to drool for these past few days. Sara's noticed things, too, as the heat has made itself known. More later. Cake calls and I am to answer. Happy twats all around.

No comments: