Monday, July 21, 2008

Flipper Found Me

"Of all the stories to open up with, you just cannot make up getting a ride with a guy that has only 6 fingers."

-Me (to the guy that gave me a ride after my car broke down from the heat)

It was inevitable. After all that time spent driving West and East on the interstate, I was going to have car trouble eventually. Lucky for me, it was right near an exit that I know well. Lucky for me, I only had to pull my car over to the side and hop over a very sharp fence to get help. Yeah, to bring even more sorrow, my cell-phone didn't quite charge last night. Bad luck versus good luck. Lucky for me, most of the good was in my favor thanks to a guy nicknamed "Flipper."

How's that to ya? I got a ride home with a guy that has 4 fingers missing from his right hand. He's not shy about it at all. Those missing digits got pulled off by a horse that carried off some strong rope around his hand. Freak accident? Oh, yeah! Nice guy to do what he did and nice conversation. Of all the things to come out of his mouth, it had to come after he told me he doesn't care about the new Batman movie.

"Pussy."

Ask a guy what he loves more than anything else and this is what he says. Gotta love the honesty. I guess an unmarried guy with a very deformed hand gets more love out of the female anatomy than a superhero flick's glow. Of course, I laughed. I'm all for the blunt and surprising shit rather than going through the usual sob story.

Anyway, my car is fine. The heat got to it so bad that the engine needed to be cooled off. My last trip to the car shop found me without a/c. Yup, you try driving in this weather without a cool feeling of air during this time of year. My dad's slowly working on bringing it back even if the place I took it to seems to fuck it up yearly.

So, I am leaving you here for now. I'm home all because of Flipper and my own insanity of hoping over a fence with sharp edges to keep intruders out. There are cuts to prove it and Mom's making brownies for the guy that got me home. All's right in the world and, yes, I did see the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight. Sara is fine, too. We'll talk later. Happy twats all around.

No comments: