Sunday, July 27, 2008

Some Bushes Are Good

"It's pretty obvious we're stuck together."

-Me (to Sara)

Found myself sitting outside on the backyard's deck. On some days, you'd find me thinking about how impressed I was to have spent a hell of a lot of my summer working on it. All that wood, hammering, and tearing up old portions of the deck, it was quite a summer. Not this time. All I could do while my dogs were busy peeing on as many things as they could, I stared at the only types of wasps I love, cicada killers. Gawd, they are unbelievably gorgeous.

I'm sure there are people that will gasp. Wasps aren't in the much loved department with good reason. They're annoying, for one thing. Cicada killers are a little different. They live to kill cicadas and hang around flowers. I sat near 3 small ones that were obviously new to the world, thanks to popping out of the remains of a cicada. They'll grow quite large with an orangish color that swirls a bit near their black abdomen. It's the colors and how large these wasps are that I admire.

You've gotta find beauty somewhere in this world, folks. Just be glad you don't have dogs that come by and pee on your bare feet like mine do.

I've had a pretty good weekend thanks to having something to take my mind off this world's insane political struggle. How you decide on voting is up to you. I go with integrity and how much I feel a candidate is being honest with me. Obviously, with that in mind, I can find no love of McCain. None. His 'Straight Talk Express' has been nothing but bullshit that I hope others can see through as well.

What's been taking my mind off of things is my personal planning in getting rid of my old comic book collection. Man, it's a lot! When you add up the possible dollar amount, it's way past $3,000. But why would I sell something that's been important to me?

It's simple. A part of me has grown up, all but slowly. Remember that epiphany I had a short while back? I've watched various people take on the world and wish to join them. Bald-O's bought a house. Sara's friends also bought one, a very nice one that somehow ended up with 2 very friendly kittens that you just cannot ignore while visiting. I've been dreaming of what to do with my own place, artwork and all.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up with Sara. Scary thought. We have things that make us complete opposites of each other but I like that. I like the idea of a girl going off and doing her own thing, like painting. Me? Who knows what I'm all for. I'm the type that blends in with various groups while his girlfriend is off at an art show. On the couch drinking with boys? So there. In the gym trying to see if I can beat my own personal distance record on a treadmill? Possibly. At a convention with nerds as someone starts a sissy fight over whether Captain America really is dead? In my heart of hearts.

No one likes to think of it. You reach a certain age and you kinda grow up. Not all the way. No-no-no-no! I will never completely grow up because that's when your heart dies. The creativity has flown forth from your body and you spend 8 hours in a cubicle while the other hours are spent in front of the TV. Why not walk around downtown to see the latest offering of local bands? An art show? Tackle the impossible by ice skating? It's no wonder I enjoy a nice stroll over the bridge in Sara's town.

From my list of lists, all I have left to get is a 50-inch high definition TV with all the trimmings. No thickness but a very thin flat screen so that there is space enough. I can see cold winter evenings getting warmer thanks to another viewing of Mr. And Mrs. Smith over and over again thanks to the power of Blu-Ray high definition. That's pretty much the first thing I want to do with money made from this personal garage sale of comic books. We'll see how I do.

As I've said before, my house or apartment has to have something unique. My movie posters are going to be framed. No biggee. It's what I want to do every now and then to see if anyone that visits notices. Since I have so many, I want to switch them around. A Sopranos might be up on Tuesday but, all of a sudden, there is a James Bond original! Just how did I get a For Your Eyes Only? I'm still impressed that, at a young age, I saved a lot of movie posters that are now worth quite a bit. The original Friday the 13th? Got one of those, too! That's from 1980, folks. Try and get one of those in the condition I have mine in. I just want to express my love of movies in that way, the feel of a movie theater in the main room. Artwork in another.

You have your dreams and I have mine. Many times, I find myself scouring over pictures of how others designed their apartments or homes. Color schemes and taste in artwork are what get me curious. Bare walls just don't do it for me. Live to express. What tickles your bones? I always want to know what gets to people. Sara would tell you that I love ass. I asked her why and she pointed to the various pictures on the side of my bookshelf.

A part of me just wants to entertain. I want people to feel welcome but also to know I love a lot of things. Name a toy from childhood. Tell me a favorite movie or TV show. I've probably seen it or have it. There's nothing quite like reminiscing over things from our past yet staying in the present. That's probably why I make a good packrat. There are memories absorbed into so many of my things.

So, I'm outta here. Things are a little better with me now. Friday was a day where I was just a bit mad at various things going on. How many think that life will get better once Bush is out of office? It's quite immediate, huh? While the economy/recession isn't completely his fault, a lot of it is so it'll be nice not to hear about the latest increase in jobless claims. Though, it might be nice if the latest Penthouse Pet Of the Year starts the trend of women bringing back some good old bush down there. It's amazing how foreign it felt to find a woman spreading her legs while a medium amount of dark hair covered her crotch. Razor companies would cry foul. Happy twats all around.

1 comment:

Samantha Duncan said...

Just a thought, but you might want to think about getting furniture and other practical things, first.