Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Youtube Calls I Answer

"What's the one where Christopher Walken dances?"

-Sara (the answer is Fatboy Slim's 'Weapon Of Choice')

Want to know how Sara and I spent our Monday's late night? Of course, you do! You're a voyeur even if you won't admit to wanting to know every goddamn detail I'm willing to spill out on this blog. I may not be as normal as you. You see, in my dreams, there are unicorns and all the mice play harmonicas while I burst out in song after 6 Bud Lights. I am anything but boring.

It was Youtube that called to me. Sara and I got to talking about various music from the likes of Janet Jackson where I attempted to do that dance from her music video for 'If.' You know that one. It's where you go from side-to-side like an Egyptian painting only to keep your face forward. Hard to do. Impossible to forget. Just watch 'If' to see where I'm getting at. That song's pretty good, no?

Let's see, til somewhere around 3am, Sara and I watched Youtube while in bed. The lineup was as follows:

1). Janet Jackson's 'If'
2). Janet Jackson's 'You Want This'
3). Janet Jackson's 'Again'
4). Madonna's 'Bad Girl'
5). Fatboy Slim's 'Weapon Of Choice'
6). The Spice Girls' Wannabe'
7). The Spice Girls' 2 Become 1'
8). Madonna's 'Take A Bow'

Yeah, a weird lineup. There is nothing like laying in bed laughing or getting a little emotional over old music videos we once were in love with. I'm still that way when it comes to Madonna's songs, though. 'Take A Bow' was my song that described my relationship with my ex-girlfriend, Kristan. Janet Jackson's 'If' just makes me wonder if I'm a girl because I get emotional when I hear that one just as The Spice Girls' '2 Become 1.' To show you how dumb I can be, I didn't realize that one was about sex until much later.

I dunno. Youtube is fun to bring back memories. Did that a lot yesterday night because I thought of a bunch of videos I haven't seen in so long. Don Henley's 'Boys Of Summer' and 'The End Of the Innocense' were the first two. Looked all over for Dire Straits's 'Across the River,' an amazing song. The New Kids On the Block have 'Tonight,' one where I find myself singing a lot to myself today. And last? How pathetic can I get when Belinda Carlisle's 'Heaven Is A Place On Earth' makes me feel like I'm rocking out while staring at the screen? C'mon, you know what that's worth? Ooh, Heaven is a place on Earth.

See? I don't spend all my time with Sara by arguing over little things. We'll go for walks across the bridge for brunch. Lucky for us, we finished at 4:10, the time for the new Indiana Jones flick. I paid the $25 for brunch so I got rewarded with tickets to see my 4th one in the theater. How many can still remember when Indiana Jones was still mysterious.

So, Mr. Jones? It's a bit better than okay. The sense of danger is gone all thanks to Steven Spielberg now making movies where very little violence exists with guns. My only resource for this lays in hoping that natives are deadly and might know kung fu. Thankfully, that was there while an evil Russian woman played by Cate Blanchett (is she good in everything or what?) does her best to thwart Mr. Jones from saving the day. The ants were a bit corny but fun is in the movie here and there. Love the look on Indiana Jones's face when a guy washes his crotch with a large brush after an incident with radioactive isotopes.

Since I got 2 new books from an old order, I'm going to mingle on over to them now. One's about a photographer being a voyeur of women in various states of undress. Interest inner cover, very detailed images of up-the-skirt views for us to understand how panties and thongs bunch up. I'll discuss later. One that's going to take me a long, long time is the new Batman Encyclopedia. Is this a dream or what!?! Every fucking villain and storyline! As if I need anything new to learn? Well, I did just find out that the X-Men's Collossus has been gay for some time. I don't even have gaydar in my comic books. Happy twats all around.

No comments: