Monday, September 22, 2008

Them Women-Folk

"Sometimes, I really don't get a cat's mental issues."

-Me

Ever had a moment where you desperately need to sleep? You absolutely have to be up early for something important. It may or may not be something to do with you directly but it's a need for you to be there. Funny how you forget to close the door because that just means the cat's out and it's time for some sort of insane in the membrane need to pounce all around the bed.

Trust me. I was not happy at all to find myself being awakened again and again by a small white cat owned by Sara's roommate. She's cute, the cat, I'll give her that. It's just that nighttime means a sudden insane urge to run all around the apartment by taking point over all windows. It's basically a cat guarding at its best time, when it's more awake after sleeping the whole day on the couch in my rumpled old sweatshirt. I have to be awake and out of bed by 7AM. Cat decides to jump in bed with me over and over again to see if her 'gentleman caller,' a black cat, has decided to shake his black ass near the window.

It's Ebony and Ivory!

That's pretty much what happened Saturday night that has me so, so tired today. Sara needed me with her for the art showing in the park. Starts at 10AM but needed an early start for set-up. The scene was basically me attempting sleep at 2AM while Sara is busy pounding away at the computer for last-minute preparations. Cat is busy playing peek-a-boo in the window next to me. I have now decided to annoy Cat during her afternoon naps chasing it around the apartment.

Cat will probably retaliate by shitting in my shoes.

It's been a long weekend, folks. Spent a lot of Sunday in the park for this arts thingee that Sara participated in. Fun, too, once the first hour had me settled in. Another couple, one Sara and I have known for some time, was also there. That meant I could find myself away from the women-folk for much needed macho time. You might consider it a bust but not I. We men-folk spent much bitching about why the women-folk no longer clean up after themselves. Funny to you that this meant I listened as the guy described the horror of having to do all the vacuuming himself.

Oh, lordy, I cried!

So, excuseth me as I tend to some much needed sleep. I needeth the gym to escape this feeling that I am now one of the ordinary human-folk, the 90% that have accepted being fat. There is much to do when I feel a loss in strength and sleep. Happy twats all around.

No comments: