Monday, May 14, 2007

Nothing But A Nerdy White Thang

"You made your bed, now fuck in it."

-Weeds

My little dog, the terror of the neighborhood. When a lady asks me which way I am going with 5-Pound Phooey, I point. She always ends up going in the opposite direction. No one starts more fights than my lil' 5-Pound Phooey, 4-letter words and more gang signs than your average Yorkshire Terrier.

Besides my need to allow my dog to 'keep it real,' I've been going over various things coming up this summer in regards to exploring my inner-nerd. Now, it's already been noted that I will be going to Chicago with Sara and some friends for the release of the final Harry Potter book. This is not your normal go-get-book-and-read but more along the lines of oh-we-are-such-losers-that-dress-like-fine-nerds. You just cannot find a huge amount of people willing to dress like an infamous Stephen King character as you would when it comes to Harry Potter. Sara tells me that they're going to make, as real as possible, a Diagon Alley, the place where the characters purchased brooms and butter beer. I'm hoping this is real fucking beer because there are some of us over the age of 21 that love reading Harry Potter.

But a trip to Chicago? Fine as wine! It's been a while seeing as I've got cousins up there, 2 to be exact, and Sara has an aunt and uncle. I'm pretty sure I met them at some time last year. There's museums to explore and nights spent falling asleep with another chapter finished. I still remember how it was when the last Harry Potter was released. Came back 40something minutes after midnight and all of us were in seperate areas in the apartment reading. We're weird. So sue us. There was much debate later on about whether Snape was a villian so having others around to rip your assumptions is fun.

Yes, call us sheep. Call us losers but I got into Harry Potter once it got dark. The first one was just okay, as many books of a series get. It's when you realize that nothing is perfectly good and nothing will ever be completely evil. Unless we count Dick Cheney, I'd say so. It just so happens that his shit-for-brains in charge is completely stupid.

Alas, there is more. There is the possibility that Sara and I will not attend Dragon Con, Atlanta's annual sci-fi/comic/movie/game convention. We're really wanting to go to Chicago for the annual Wizard World one because Kristen Bell aka Miss Veronica Mars is a possible guest along with Kevin Smith. I'm just dying to meet Miss Bell because no one gets me as curious about a long high school mystery as she does for the TV show, Veronica Mars. I got Sara and her roommate hooked. Why aren't you watching?

To think, what would drive me absolutely crazy with no sleep when it comes to convention guests? Keira Knightley just sitting there having a smoking break and me with a large potato sack comes to mind. No, no, fantasy over. Yes, it would be a must go but to add Mila Jovovich, the whole Veronica Mars crew, Sopranos actors and actresses, Fiona Apple, Angelina Jolie, and whoever else I can fucking remember. The best would be to find yourself in heavy debate over music/movies with someone that is involved with it. Tori Amos is well-known to love a good talk with her fans.

It was such a nice little day to see over. Do you ever have those? They feel so long but you look forward to the end? My face and forearms are a slight shade of pink after being in the sun walking with 5-Pound Phooey. An Asian couple just moved into the neighborhood with a small terrier. Guess who scared them?

Oh, and my promise to myself to get on the treadmill again was kept. 10 minutes of running after a difficult bicep session can wear me down more than I thought. Add that to the 4-legged critter that insists I need to go back outside and I'll tell you my legs are gonna always be as toned as a soccer player's. Somehow, I missed those times spent on the treadmill looking forward to getting off the damn thing. Minutes stretch to feel like hours. You know the deal. A towel is your best friend when it's you and the machine doing battle with each other.

Diaryland is now a ghost town. Only 2 people on my faves updated but I didn't really care to read them. Coming to Blogger made me realize that so many that I read talked about the same things over and over. Not that I'm a huge difference but many on Diaryland don't seem to have surprises or they're just plain boring. A day with 5-Pound Phooey is anything but boring. There are 4 blocks that either wave at me or hide their dogs upon the sight of me.

I can tell you this much. I am no longer going back to Diaryland. What slightly irritates me is how I somehow felt like I belonged to a small group of people that wanted to share thoughts, sights, and sounds. I read you and send occasional feedback. You read me and send me your thinking. Where are they now? Where's Hiss? It all makes me feel like I was just a moment to entertain people and not be taken seriously. Oh, well. It's just a fucking blog, right?

So, life continues on. A 91-year-old gets carjacked while people watch. You'd be amazed at how there are a lot of violent black people out there. It's disgusting how so many stereotypes are being played out in real life. To me, it's far worse if my lawn mower gets stolen. Rumor has it that a lot of black people steal those, too. What do I know. I'm just a white guy and follow my own stereotypes, can't jump and passes hard math classes. Happy twats all around.

1 comment:

Zuzu said...

Zuzu = chopped liver? /sigh (kidding.) The Chicago trip sounds way fun! - Zu