Monday, May 7, 2007

Panties, Socks, And Confusion

"They've gone Hollywood."

-Me (on Spiderman 3)


Things just aren't what they used to be. Blame it on Hollywood or on those that allow directors to do toy with a once amazing vision. Either way, it's a total loss for nerds, dorks, and geeks when it comes to seeing their favorite comic book brought to life. Me, I can tell when all the extras are gorgeous and not one actual nerd made it into the director's presentation.


Spiderman 3 just didn't do it for me. I had a feeling after watching various scenes and theatrical trailers that things in celluloid-ville didn't quite make it. Is it that difficult to take an image presented in impressive originality only to replace it with something watered down for those that spend most of their days sending text messages? Some of us actually remember when Spiderman was something instead of a thing to make money off of. Hey, we even learned that his wife, Mary Jane, died of Spidey's radioactive semen. My first thought was, "Mary Jane swallows!?!"


I can tell you this. I will not be in the new Transformers movie seating. Since Optimus looks a bit too different than the original and Megatron is no longer a gun (Oh, the horror of people seeing a gun after Virginia Tech), I vote a big fat no to seeing what I grew up on thanks to the Bozo Show on WGN weekday mornings before school. Plus, it took a petition to get the actual guy that played Optimus Prime to voice him. I hate Hollywood and will stick with The Crow or even Underworld. Guns, vampire gals with blue eyes and tight rubber suits, scary violence, and nudity are all I ask for.


Sara's mom continues her love for me. 2 days ago was spent with her, where we shopped for over 4 hours. My mind is somewhat hazy but it ended up in the section of a department store where we were snorting candle scents. My opinion is valued when it come to vanilla or strong lime that just might hide those times spent in the bathroom we all know what I'm talking about.

I'm within hours of taking apart Sara's bed. Her mom wants me to bring over all the sheets, etc. along with dirty clothes to be washed tonight. It's kind of weird to think that I will be sitting on the floor gathering socks and panties as the cat tries to get my attention all while feeling like it's a clandestine operation. A part of those 4 hours spent shopping with Sara's mom also meant picking out brand new bedding essentials. 350 thread counts must mean something, to girls I'm sure. Plus, her mother is coming over here and I must hide all the naughty stuff seeing as she wants to put the bed together herself.


It's funny. I'm now reminded of how I called my mother from college to tell her that I was bringing a girl home to visit. "Where is she sleeping?" was the question right back. I then came home to find my bed totally cleaned up, fresh sheets, etc. You would swear that college girls would be used to the smell of boy sweat and semen by then.


So, how are you? I'm still down a bit when it comes to my mother. Most of my time, I try not to think about it. Could this be why Sara's mom is pretty good with me? What I mean is that we talk like 2 friends at the dinner table, laughing and gossiping old ladies. There's even the fact that I have to hook up another addition to their surround sound system.


Well, I'm outta here as I wonder when I'll be reading other people's diaries. Diaryland is like a desert now as only small amounts of life become apparent when looking closely. No one knows when someone updates here on Blogspot so I hope you're happy to find a new entry up from your friend of nerds that enjoy comics type o' guy. I'll be on the floor with panties, socks, and confusion. Happy twats all around.

3 comments:

Zuzu said...

It's SO not true that we don't know when you update here... indeed, it's SO much better notification than dland. This entire missive was sent to my google reader as soon as you updated and I just clicked through to view it....I think that's SOOOO cool! It's called RSS feed and it's much, much better than the dland system once you grow accustomed to it! Essentially, blogspot lets me subscribe to an RSS feed and it will email me your updated entry or post it in my google reader... I don't have to check blogspot to know you've updated! Er.. can you tell I'm thrilled with blogspot. If you want, I can walk you through the subscription process so you know how to subscribe to blogs you want to read.. let me know if you need help. By the by... Spiderman was always a capitalist money-making venture......

Samantha Duncan said...

lol, Diaryland's dead because the fucking SERVERS ARE DOWN.

Ahem. Were down. Trying to give Andrew some credit here.

Cait said...

hahahaaa..you are so funny with all the things you know about Spiderman & Mary Jane.