Thursday, May 10, 2007

Your Lunch Money

"Voted Most Likely To Fight 10-Year Olds."

-Me

Well, I am closing out the day by saying it was good. Not perfect but good. All that scratching my eyeballs due to allergies can be forgotten thanks to a couple doses, A & W Root Beer and Mission Impossible 3. Who knew that the Cruise can entertain no matter how warped his mind is.

I know. I normally don't drink soda/pop/or 'sody pop' as my grandpa would call it. It's just that I've learned to lighten up a bit on my life by allowing a few guilty pleasures back in. Gone are the days where I could drink 7 sodas and find myself burping all while my bloated stomach screams for me to stop. You've seen pictures of fat kids passed out on the lawn with Twinkie wrappers strewn about? Let's just say that summer slightly reminds me of being 12 with too much sody pop.

I never really got into my weekend with Sara as much as I'd like to. Well, I've been busy all over the place all while hoping I get that job as a mock personal trainer. It may be a gym inhabited by wealthy clients but it's still something I'd like to take a shot at. We never know unless we try, yes? Plus, I've only just now finished catching up on all the local newspapers and various comic strip collection books I seem to bring back from Indiana on each visit. I love 'Zits,' 'Get Fuzzy,' and 'Sherman's Lagoon.' Talking animals give me giggles.

This weekend found me spending a lot of time with Sara's mom, possibly more than Sara would like. You see, it's not just a girlfriend's mom but a good buddy that has me work on her surround sound system (that would be Tuesday afternoon) and lavish me with root beer. You'll find us in the kitchen since she just loves to spoil me with good cooking. This is the first time I've ever heard you can put ears of corn in the microwave. Everyone out there knows I eat corn just about every fucking day. Sara's mom teases me on this.

Life is strange in that I observe Sara's relationship with her mom. I love her! While it may annoy Sara in how there are so many questions thrown her way, it's something I'm used to by my own mother. "Where are you going?" "How's Bald-O?" "Did you fart?" "Do you remember....?" They may be a bit persistent and a little annoying but I can see why. Parents, as annoying as they can be, do try to continue to be a part of our lives. Some of them live through us.

As you know, I spent a lot of time in Sara's room to gather up her dirty laundry. Socks, panties, oh my! I was under Sara's mom's orders to get it all to her house and then a cleaning with an ending of brand new 350 thread count sheets to be placed on the bed. Gawd, it was so nice to feel such elegant sheets on that first night. I'd normally tell you how great naked skin is when pressed against you but those sheets can really give that a run for its money. Sara's mom and I made that bed but it was Sara's shock upon coming home from work to see it that was very amusing.

It's fun to feel like a major part of another family. I cannot leave Sara's mom's house without a full tummy that consists of ice cream, dinner, and desert. I know you'd associate ice cream as desert but it's usually a appetizer to get me to sit down for a chat. Could it be my charm? Parents, at some point, have me sit down for a spell and spill my guts out. Peppermint ice cream is a major weakness of mine.

Most of the time, I even decide on dinner while shopping. Yup, we go all out in food specialty stores where I am asked as to what I enjoy. This weekend was hash browns, corn on the cob, sweet peas, and brautwurst-like things. Trust me. If you spent 4 hours shopping with someon's mom, you'd be hungry for anything. I hate brautwurst but found it incredibly inviting after 1 hour of deciding on scents for Sara's room in TJ Maxx. Does a hint of lime bring out the feeling of lovemaking?

I'm like another kid. It's always strange to feel like I'm given the run of the house when I'm not related in any way. Watch TV? Chase the cats? Play on the 'Net? Give me money to do an errand? It's weird to think that much of my time when Sara is at work is spent with parents. One of whom I fell asleep next to while watching the Beatles's 'A Hard Day's Night.'

The movies I got to see this weekend were Stranger Than Fiction with Will Farrell and Babel with Brad Pitt. No, I still have not seen my Debbie Does Dallas Again DVD but I promise a 'soon' on that. The Will Farrell flick was nice as we'd all like to see a character from a book become actual flesh and blood for our own amusement. How many times have you felt like there is a voice in your head telling you how many times you've brushed your teeth? Plus, Maggie Gyllenhaal is in it.

Babel was a bit more. Good stuff for the first hour but even better by the next half. You'll see how various stories all fit together in some way after 2 kids use a rifle on a tour bus in Morocco. Oscar-worthy? Not to me but I can see why some would mistake this movie for greatness. Nice acting and all but not as powerful as the academy thought. Sara is insisting I watch the director's other work, 21 Grams.

The weirdest thing that happened was how Sara and I couldn't escape all the fraternity and sorority people. After exiting the Mexican restaurant that I came out about pushing 2 little Mexican kids after seeing Spiderman 3, a swarm of sorority girls walked in. Next, while Sara and I walked home on the bridge, more sorority girls along with frat boys walked by. Yeah, this is where I was stared at and commented on how big I am. It was just a bit surreal to have so many people walk by that looked alike. You know the type, too much make-up and smelling like a Cosmopolitan mag insert. In their defense, some of the girls looked very nice in their dresses. I'm sure any guy laying on the stairs that girls went down would enjoy the nice up-the-dress views.

But it's life. The weather was so nice for a walk across the bridge, something Sara and I do during the summertime. You'll find the bridge has lights that change color as you walk by. The large water spouts continuously shoot high up in the air. Little kids scamper about or run in fear of me pushing them down thanks to a large rumor on my temper after a comic book movie. What surprises me is that I have yet to see people passed out on the sidewalk after too much drinking. Here, you can find plenty. The only odd thing I still cannot shake from a visit to Indiana was the opossum casually walking downtown like it was window shopping.

The only problem with me is that I still feel numb after my mother's being diagnosed with cancer. No, I didn't tell Sara's mom and only 3 people here know. It's just that I feel it's something I don't need to bring on to others. I'm numb for now and in need of something to wake me up with excitement. You would have thought seeing a mother holding up your girlfriend's underwear to ask if they're clean or dirty as worth waking you up........but no.

So, I'm outta here as I finish up a few things still left in catching up with Illinois. 5-Pound Phooey is soooooooooooooo happy that I'm home that I get more butt wiggles than usual. The runs are great as people seem to welcome me back with waves. Little dog on the go and big man chugging along. She's got issues with poodles and I've got problems with little kids. Happy twats all around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you know "Babel" is making people physically ill in Japan? Well, that's what they're claiming, anyway. (and how sad is the poor deaf Japanese girl? Awww.)

Sara's right. Watch "21 Grams". It's VERY good.