Thursday, December 27, 2007

Getting There......

"In this day and age, I'd say that the first sign of age is when you can't find the goddamn car in the mall's parking lot. Macy's is now Alzheimer's central."

-Me

Don't that beat all? I've been feeling old all day. Woke up late. Barely made it through work. The gym was especially tough because I felt like I needed a nap all fucking day. Sara's dad has me reading a book about a marine sniper out to avenge his father's death from way back in 1955. Do books make you feel as old as the characters?

I'm very sorry to hear of Bhutto's death carried out by the extremists that blow themselves up at events. Be it, Pakistan, Iran, or just about any fucking lunatic place where people let themselves be ruled by a ridiculous religion, I found her to be such a cool drink of water. I don't care what anyone says. People that follow Islam so closely are not as peaceful as you'd think. That goes to Christians as well. In fact, religion is just a crutch for the feeble minded fools that still think women should always have a male with them at all times or just the smallest amount of a female's exposed skin can send men into convulsions of lust. Poodle skirts, my ass. I'm all for women dressing the way they want to as long as there is no sighting of massive bellies hanging out all while a tank top says, "100% Sexy."

No, you is not.

So, my life changes majorly when I become an adult, old feeling and possibly senile now. No more unwrapping presents placed under the Christmas tree and then placing them back all wrapped up again. No more going through Mum's checkbook to see where she shopped for the toys named on my list. No more hiding in Target or asking the security guard to zoom in thanks to the CCTV cameras located in the toy aisle. It's all about showing up at THE house and eating keish.

I love keish.

I've gotten so wrapped up with living in Indiana that it's become a second home. I'm here and we go out to where Sara needs to go. Until February, I drive and deal with the usual rambling of having a girlfriend that insists on telling me each and ever small thing I do wrong. Once at a destination, all is well as if nothing ever happened. Sometimes, I yell back but it is the Holidays, after all.

Sara's mom surprised me with gifts to open. That's why I've been walking around with a brand new green mug the past few days. Cool, too. A weirdly drawn Christmas tree makes itself known that this is a Holiday mug. Fine by me, seeing as it'll do well in camouflaged areas if I ever find myself in heavy combat and a drink of lemonade is needed. Forget coffee. That shit's for sissies. We deal with the heavy stuff as if it's the 50's and a front porch is a place of gossip as we swing.

The coolest thing I received is a digital photo frame. 129 images can be displayed on a 5 inch frame while music from mp3's can highlight each one. Can you say 'neat-o?' It's something I've been thinking about, this sort of picture frame. Now I've got an even better excuse to put my camera to use. Music that I'd select tends to be from the 80's so Human League, Golden Earring, and Tears For Fears just might come up when my little 5-Pound Phooey's cute little mug ends up on digital LCD. She smiles when she gets a snack.

So, what did I get Sara? Money came up because she needs help paying off the Mac computer. Oh, it's nice! But no girl should find herself without presents. I've of firm belief that when one says she doesn't want anything, it's all fucking lies so I got that Planet Earth book that everyone's been talking about. Gorgeous pictures of life all around the world. I've no problem with spoiling since I've experienced that route for far too long.

This 'little box' that you asked about? It's a gift from my parents, a new set of diamond earrings, smaller than the other pair. I like 'em and Sara seemed to as well because she wore 'em the rest of the night and to work. I'm lost when it comes to jewelry because my likes tend to run in silver. Gold just doesn't do it for me.

The big news that kind of took me aback came right before I took Sara to the spa for a massage. It was the last day til the gift certificate expired. It was the day before Christmas. In other words, this was badly needed and I get a surprise.

Sara came up with the idea that I need to get a small dresser for her apartment. I lug clothes back and forth thanks to a large bag that only an Olsen twin would be proud of. At first, it felt so odd to be asked if I'd like to move some of my things into Sara's apartment. Again, the two of us are fiercely opposed to change thanks to an independent streak found in the both of us. A whole dresser!?! After being given a small drawer in the bathroom, this is quite a lot to think about. I'm all for it, only slightly nervous about how this is getting us more and more open to cracking our hard interiors.

All in all, it was a good time with Sara and her parents. I even had fun exploring the furniture place where the concept of getting a dresser came up. All sort of beds to to look at along with the various types of ways to dress them up. You know me. I'm in love with luxurious fabrics that make my time in the gym worth it. Muscles, let me tell ya, take in the thread count like a soothing motherfucker. If I sleep well, we'll all get along better.

So, I'll leaveth you here. I've got a mind to work on that book Sara's dad gave me and shake off work's tiring imprint. I hate feeling old. Love sex but don't lust for it as I did when I was 19. Find myself enjoying books than the idea of spending an evening downing beers with Bald-O. The worst is wishing things were as good as they were then or just finding my car in a large parking lot. Happy twats all around.

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Ah damn. You faked me out. I thought the "little box" was an engagement ring. Silly me. Well I guess your own dresser in her place is a close second. :D