Saturday, December 29, 2007

Riddle Me This

A Riddle: "The thing you can hit without leaving a scar. What is it?"

I've had what started out as an absolutely brilliant day only to end in a much somber tone. Don't you hate that? One minute you're on top of things and the next it's just another brick in the wall that shuts you down.

If you consider watching Bananarama videos as something worth doing, then you are and I are in the same boat. That VH1 80's show got me wondering why I could only remember 2 of their videos. Off to Youtube I go! What started as a simple crush on that dark haired one had me now remembering all those times I fawned over her short scene in "Do They Know It's Christmas?". It was slight. She was without makeup. Oh, she was so cute. Not even seeing a young Phil Collins on the drums could outdo that.

Sting had longer hair? My old hairstyle! Bring it back, Sting!

Somewhere along the life I lead, yes, watching Bananarama videos makes it all worthwhile. This also keeps me in reality. New Year's Eve is coming up and the tradition must be kept. A girl gets kissed at midnight. I know, I know. It's almost like she'll suddenly have her Chevrolet turn into a pumpkin and then sees that all her friends are really mice.

A boy must prepare. Well, this is how I see it because, yes, I have to go to Indiana once again. I've become quite used to all this since I know everyone. After almost 3 years, I better hope so because having weirdos just pop up out of nowhere is frightening. The past New Year's Eve gatherings were at a girl's apartment. No one likes the girl because she's a drunk. We be partying at the new place we helped set up over this hot summer. This time, we have guys that know their booze by not wallowing in it.

By preparation, I went out to Macy's to get a bottle of Hugo Boss. It's one major scent that Sara loves so I thought I'd surprise her by making myself smell better after work. Not that I am completely stinky. It's just that you'd think a girl would want to grab her boyfriend and nuzzle something that has a smell that makes her think of all sorts of naughty things she'll do to him the next morning before the after-party that always takes place at the Chinese restaurant.

My downfall is when I realize how much I miss someone. She knows who she is. After 5 years, you realize that no matter how mad someone gets you, she's still thought about. Goshdarnit. Ah hates it when I get all sentimental but it's true. I've loved Sammy for a long, long time and hate how I got so mad at her.

You know people mean a lot to you when your significant other gets upset over this type of thing. When I told Sara, she looked at me like I was insane. "Sammy means a lot to you." Yes, that much is true. I could go on and on about how I'd discuss little things with Sara about her every now and then. Sometimes, I really hate myself for things I've said. For the past 4 or 5 hours, I've been dragging ass because I miss her.

So, I'll bid a slightly sleepy adieu. The Year End Entry is playing in my mind so that'll be here soon. Keeping mental notes is tough when I've got a headache and cursing myself for various things I've done. I'll certainly be up to par when the last of the Holidays passes. The gym will once again be my second home after a girl gets her midnight kiss. What happens when a girl kisses a ninja at the stroke of midnight? Happy twats all around.

Answer to Riddle: Water

No comments: