Sunday, December 16, 2007

Normal? Hardly For Today

"That's a wonderful side effect of leather pant: when you pee yourself in them, they're more forgiving than jeans."

-Slash, his biography (p. 197)

Woke up this morning. Got myself a gun......actually, I got myself a shovel and high-tailed it outside to deal with what happened when I woke up around 6am this morning.

A snowstorm is kind of peaceful at night when you're lucky to have a nice heated home. Since the lights in my room radiate quite a lot over our backyard, I sat on the edge of my bed to watch a very aggressive snowfall last night. Beautiful. Normally, I'd be stressed out about how I have to get up early for this volunteer overtime but I was just to entranced by what I was watching out my window.

It was this morning that made things completely hellish. My car was going nowhere. The streets were horribly thick with snow even around 7am. It would be impossible to get to work for the call-time of 8am. I'm doubtful anyone showed up. When I was out there digging my car out along with a large portion of the driveway, I counted no more than 5 cars driving by the whole time. I'm logical so the fact that I'm going to be pretty damn tired after digging made me call it by heading on back to bed. I don't care if there was a cookout after work. Safety and my tired body made it known that tis better to curl up in bed with a little dog on patrol.

It's been a long time since I've passed out like that. I mean, I was out and had the hardest time waking up to get back out there to shovel. Would have been nice to have some overtime money but this boy was too poop'd to party in any form. 5-Pound Phooey was hilarious to sleep next to because she kept moving closer and closer to cuddle. With Sara, I'm like a sauna so my dog enjoyed the warmth that she was missing.

Being snowed in is kind of aggravating. On one hand, I enjoy working to make myself feel some sort of accomplishment. The other? I get to have some time to catch up since I tend to get too excited for sleep at night. Get up around 6am? Hard when you were wide awake past 2. Sometimes, I'm really weird. With Sara, I can sleep so easily since her walls are pretty bare to stare at while waiting to drift off. Mine have so much to look at and think about all while wondering about work's possible chaos.

That's not to say I didn't accomplish anything. A few things like rearranging my room did happen. There are some much needed cosmetic changes but I'm having a hard time knowing where to start all while thinking about getting a medium down allergen comforter for extra warmth. Let's just say that I'm very particular when it comes to the place I spend much of my time in. Make me think or keep my mind racing and no depression is best to say.

Reading hit me hard. I've been reading Slash's biography, in other words a lot of debauchery and tales of being in Guns N Roses. You could say they are one of my favorite bands thanks to songs like 'November Rain,' 'You Could Be Mine,' 'Estranged,' 'Welcome To the Jungle,' 'Sweet Child O' Mine,' and 'Don't Cry.' They came at a time where I was just slightly questioning my time spent in private school. Axl had the voice while Slash had the look I needed to start wondering if anarchy can be a good thing. Longer story short? Guns N Roses just came at me full speed and never stopped. Why Sara and many others I've met don't like them, I'll never know.

That was my day. Shovel for a few hours here and there, take a break by reading 'Slash,' and then do a few other things before heading back out. I've read so many rock star biographies that I wonder if it's a must-do thing to get hooked on drugs. There was Motley Crue and their insane idea to put a phone inside a girl's pussy and then calling her mom. Nikki Sixx talked about how he spent Christmas alone, naked, and with a shotgun after getting too 'out there' on heroin. Now, Slash discusses deeply about little demon people chasing after him in a detox center all while running down the hall completely naked. Man, I've missed out on a lot since drugs just haven't been my thing all through life.

The one thing I tend to wonder about is this. Through all this ordeal of OD'ing or doing so many drugs til he/she passes out, how the fuck do these people have such a good memory? Nikki Sixx kept a diary all throughout those years with Motley Crue so he's okay. The stuff he says is brutal on just about everybody. But Slash? Man, how can he remember every little thing after being hooked on heroin? Good fun, though. The stories are great on how Guns N Roses started and ended but the pictures also bring something. Slash got married and his wife allowed some personal pictures for show. Would you allow the world to see your face in your husband's butt as he stands there with his pants down?

I always knew Axl Rose was trouble, though. Genius but a troubled genius that came up with 'November Rain,' a song I played over and over and over again for many mornings before school.

So, I'm going to let y'all go now. Dig yourself out if you're in the northeast, yo. 6-10 inches for us. Sara sent me an email late last night to tell me she misses me and that she's sleeping in a shirt I left her. Women. They always want to wear my clothes. Sara's worn my pants, t-shirts, and football jerseys. Seeing her walk down the hall to pee while wearing my cargo pants was amusing because she had a hard time keeping them up due to the bagginess. Of course, Sara has also had moments where she buried her face in my ass to tell me how much she loves me, too. Happy twats all around.

No comments: