Sunday, June 24, 2007

Blame It On the Rain

"Do or do not. There is no try."

-Yoda

What would you say if I told you I had a little help from a small cat? It's best described in this form. A small bout of depression overcame me while in Indiana this weekend. My cure, at least to me, was in the form of a small starving cat that came up to me right when I got to Sara's apartment that Wednesday.

It's a calming effect on me, to sit out and find you are needed in something else's life. By that 'something,' I'm referring to an animal that meant no harm only to be dumped by a selfish human. Feeling needed made me temporarily forget that I'm a miserable old coot inside having dreams of being shot 30 times by a submachine gun. Life's best ended with the smell of gunsmoke in the air or safely asleep while the occupants in the car scream for their lives. I have a strange sense of humor but hopefully you, dear reader, are not so depressed.

You can also factor in Sara. She's been pretty sick and I don't know what to do about it other than take care of various things. Sara sleeps a lot more and complains of feeling dizzy or disoriented at various times. We won't know what caused the seizure til July 3rd and, yes, I will be there due to the 4th happening right after.

I'm always at odds with myself over various depressive times. Why do I behave like I need to be away from people? I'll look out the window more or find myself just wanting to sleep all day. My only wake-up call was to deal with a small cat meowing for a meal to keep it from receding into a pile of bones. How to know I've done well? I'll sit out on the porch while the small cat falls asleep in my lap.

Life isn't all downs. Actually, I'd say it's more along the lines of driving, a lot of driving now since I have to do just that with Sara not being able to for possibly 6 months. I got the first season of Picket Fences, a show on CBS from way back to 1992. Gaw, how that takes me back! Where do such unique shows like this go? You've got a character for an eccentric attorney that will defend corpses, a D.A. found to be the serial bather (homes were broken into where this guy would record his baths but never steal anything), a gossip loaded small woman that works as a switchboard operator in the police headquarters, and a sheriff trying to keep a small town together while cows get drunk or a conspiracy as to how a bb gun could be used as a political toy. This show is fucking hilarious and very controversial with a Tom Skeritt as the sheriff. It's too bad that when David E. Kelley, the show's creator, left, everything that made Picket Fences great was lost. Do watch this show and you'll see why a naked woman put into the dishwasher over a marital spat makes me laugh.

Other than that, I found Saturday amusing in that Sara and I, on our way for a walk to a diner, were forced to seek shelter during continous rain. The sky looked as if it was clearing so we didn't bring along an umbrella. What's more romantic than sitting underneath a bus shelter's roof? Well, it certainly aint great when the rain just won't stop, yo. Along comes a friend to pick us up and then Sara's dad comes by to take us to lunch. Would you believe we eat in a famous diner? How about that it serves breakfast all day? No hour should say that omellettes end. Never!

So, I'm back but not entirely myself. I've still got to finish that job interview that I left as soon as I heard about Sara's seizure. Plus, 5-Pound Phooey and I need some catching up to do. Small dog loves boy that leaves mysteriously every 2 weekends. It's love when brown eyes look at you. It's lust when a girlfriend almost bites my nipple off. 2 days til my left one heals. Hello, PenDragon. Happy twats all around.


1 comment:

Zuzu said...

I have a friend with a seizure disorder - it soo sucks. But/and a lot of things can bring on seizures, ranging from stress and anxiety to flashing lights (did you hear that there are efforts to lobby that they change the logo to the London Olympics because it's been setting off seizures?) I hope Sara is okay. How's the cat? - Zuzu