Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Brit's Got Tits?

"Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded."

-My fortune cookie

Don't take your asshole for granted. Yes, I know some of you enjoy placing various objects inside for some remarkable amount of pleasure that I have not been granted. Fingers, yes. Objects, no, in regards to what has been up mine. Mine has been on fire all day thanks to those stinky pills assigned to me in order to finish off this cyst. Who knew fighting bacteria could be so brutal!

So, the interview? I really want this job for some of the most obvious reasons: 1). No cubicle 2). Freedom that involves meeting other people and being outside 3). Going inside a newspaper's place of origin and seeing the papers being made 4). It's a bit unique even while the weather, traffic and people will be my only possible conflicts 5). The people are laid back and I'll be able to read the paper hot off the press.

It's kind of odd to think that I might be back into working at my local newspaper. As I walked into the downstairs area, I was haunted by memories of way back when as I dealt with getting paid as a paperboy. While those days are long gone and paperboys are no longer paid by turning in their collections, I enjoy the feeling of seeing people that are smart and full of life. That has been my damper when it comes to work, my experiences being with idiots with very little education and enjoyment of power. Sara told me how much she loves working at a bank because there are people that show actual thinking ability. I feel it, too.

Have you ever walked into your local newspaper headquarters? Ours is kind of fascinating even if some has worn off due to my already having been there years ago. I would have sworn that this would be Superman's basic hideout from the planet's evil, by getting scoops on possible evil-doing at the same time. Well, either that or my feeling that he'd be so busy looking up Lois Lane's dress. Don't deny it. All males get horny no matter how spruced up or chaotic an office is.

And then there is my friend, Richard, the man that you could swear is the first pregnant male. He wants me to come work with him on our campus. It's nice that someone wants me to be a part of his team and all that but I have allergy issues way up the wazoo. If I'm not putting out my ass's fire this week, the other end is sneezing due to pollen. I am always honored that someone finds me as a suitable person to work with.

While sitting there between sets of bench-pressing, I noticed a commercial for Paul McCartney's songs or a CD of some type. Not sure what it was selling. What happened was me wondering if Paul would be considered a legend in this day and age. I think not since music artists are now demanded to do far more than they once did. As much as I hate to admit it, P. Diddly is right in making the possible male singers for a new group actually dance. Hey, if you're gonna make the ladies work themselves into a sweat for guys to ogle, it's only fair. It's just that I don't think The Beatles would be as popular now as they were way back when.

Take that winner of American Idol. She's cancelled her summer tour due to poor ticket sales. I was surprised since this is a woman that's won 2 Grammys and sold over 7 million CDs. Are people so picky that they no longer follow someone that they bought earlier CDs from? I mean, I was huge on Beastie Boys and Guns N Roses even before I heard a song from a new CD. I just had to have it because Axl Rose brought out both sides of me, the sweet part and the vicious angry kid that hated the world. "November Rain" is one of my all-time favorites that I just have to belt out. So, why are people dropping interest in Kelley Clarkson? (sp?)

I have a theory to add. Paris Hilton. She's a major part of why the world is so wrong today that people seem to ignore how stupid they are getting all because it's mighty acceptable today. How does that fit into music? Simple, we are living in a world of ADD addicts that will only grab onto what is considered hot or available at the moment. I don't seem many people buying CDs but copying them onto their iPods, 1 or 2 songs, mind you. No one listens to a whole album these days and most people seem to cling only to a major hit to bring them in. No loyalty. It's weird how times have changed and I miss Right Said Fred. I'm too sexy to bring more insight into my insane views of the world.

All I can say is that The Beatles would not be as big. The Who would thanks to great teenage angst songs. Rolling Stones? I think a lot of old farts keep them alive because their old songs reminiscing of drugs bring back good memories. How do you explain $200 a ticket sales? There has to be more handicapped parking signs than ever allowed in a stadium's parking lot. Most of those seeing the Stones forget where they parked anyway.

Loves me some cult movies, especially the 80's types. Flash Gordon is one of those (soon to be given major special edition treatment because Queen's soundtrack is so beautiful!) as is Excalibur, said to be very true to the story. Can you imagine that? A director trying his hardest to make a movie that gives a very good account of King Arthur and his knights? How about the amazing accuracy of the armor? Hardly any movies put that kind of effort into the horrors of war in wearing armor.

Quick, which of Arthur's knights is the one that returned the sword, Excalibur, to the Lady Of the Lake? It was Perceval. Lancelot, the handsomest of the knights, caused a lot of trouble but came through in the end. A PG movie that has bare breasts and naked male buttocks? Tis true, lords and ladies. Oh, how I miss the times of a movie being so true to form and feeling so free to express that some of us liked to get busy in the forest with a lady. I loved Excalibur, a 1981 movie that just cannot be matched today thanks to too many directors that think only in terms of the bottom line over creativity.

So, I hope y'all enjoyed my strange entry where knights and my enjoyment of being in a newspaper's main building. No celebrity discussion from me even if I am tempted to bring up Britney's baring of her tits. Sara says it best: "It's just a boob." Amazing to see men so excited over this while the 'Net is full of women baring much more. Lots and lots of pussy pictures get them to start unzipping but to think there is more emphasis on Brit's bare nipple has me wondering just how far this celebrity obsession has gotten. Happy twats all around.

4 comments:

Samantha Duncan said...

Concerts are still hugely popular, in festival form. People are really into the multi-act tours now, so when an artist decides to have their own tour, no one's willing to shell out money to just see one major act. Look at group tours like Ozzfest and Warped Tour, festivals like Austin City Limits (and overseas, Download, Rock am Ring, etc.), and even the upcoming Live Earth spanning across the world. They're all still thriving. I think that, as with CD sales, record companies need to recognize the changing demands in the consumer market and accommodate them if they want bigger sales.

Hope you get the job. Where else have you applied? If you ever want help sprucing up your resume...I'm practically an expert, what with all the hours I've put into mine. :D

Samantha Duncan said...

But Ozzfest - and a lot of those other multi-act shows - are doing the smart thing by lowering or eliminating their prices. That's precisely why they're still in business. A lot of artists, by the way, don't make much off tour revenue, if they make anything at all.

Zuzu said...

A few things. I'm going to see Pat Benetar on Monday. And a double billing of the Village People and KC and the Sunshine Band on Tuesday. And I made a mental note thinking to myself how absolutely refreshing it was that the media has done sort of a black out on all things Paris Hilton (or rather, I haven't seen in name in print since her release) until I read it here.. and it made me feel shame for you for having broke the PH silence! Any news re: the cause of Sara's seizure? - Zu

Dr. K said...

I hate antibiotics. They make your body react in weird ways and they cause yeast infections. Well, I guess you wouldn't have to worry about that. But I'm glad you're getting the sttinky cyst taken care of.

And good luck on the job!