Friday, June 29, 2007

I'll Stand Over Here

"Young teacher, the subject of schoolgirl fantasy
She wants him so badly, knows what she wants to be
Inside her, there's longing
This girl's an open page
Book marking, she's so close now
This girl is half his age."

-The Police's 'Don't Stand So Close To Me'

And so I sit in a calm setting. It's about time after all that shopping/talking/walking. Do you ever get a slight high from something like that? I do and then find myself hating coming home since I'll find myself wanting more, anything to keep my mind occupied.

Richard, my male friend that you'd wonder if pregnant, came up to me with major news. This would probably be more interesting to me since I grew up with the band playing that haunting song about being a stalker, "Every Breath You Take." Yup, Richard is going to be working in St. Louis with The Police! Hooooooo.......lllllll......yyyyyy Sheeee......iiiiiiiittttt! I so love this band and envy him doing all that stage preparation all while getting to see The Police live. How many years did we have to wait til Sting and Andrew would work together again?

So, let's see, I might get an authentic autograph from Sting and the other members of the band if everything comes through. Richard *might* take pictures but don't count on it since he's not super into doing such a thing. I hope someone shows him disposable cameras or lets him use their digital.

But Sting means a little something to me in that he just doesn't age. I admire guys that continue to keep themselves fit and not use age as an excuse to just let things go. Life's all about keeping that heart going and not hoping to find love at the bottom of a box of KFC. Sting, of course, is well-known for talking about Tantric Sex. Both, he and his wife, have to be fit for something like that. At least someone gets it. A fat chick in leather is just a fat chick in leather. A toned chick in leather and I'll need you to scoop up my tongue from off the floor.

We'll get to shopping in a bit but the surreal came forth today. There was a stand-off, this town's 3rd in 8 days, where a guy wanted for robbing a McDonald's holed himself up at an inn. I just happened to drive by during all this and got to witness an armored assault vehicle and lots of SWAT members prepare for combat with M-16's. Life sure has changed in this town.

What made the stand-off really weird was seeing lots of dogs all around the area. I knew the inn was the reason for all the people but dogs? Is it that popular with canines? Nope, a dog show is in town and this pet friendly place just happened to have a stand-off where lots of scared fancy dogs needed to stay. To put it mildly, one side of the inn had long lines of dogs while the other had armed warriors that you don't fuck with when it comes to stealing from Mickey D's.

As for the shopping, I think I did alright. Cash is tight but I enjoy spoiling Sara every now and then. Why not? I'm spoiled here and there so I like to give a little to her. No, it's not like ex-president Reagan's "Trickle Down Theory" where giving the rich money helps the economy by sending some down to the middle class. It's just that I like seeing someone happy with a new gift. There's that little spirit on my shoulder patting my back as I made someone's day a bit better.

Well, Sara certainly needs it. The doctor's visit is July 3rd and it's being hinted that she won't be able to drive for 6 months. Horrible. I'd go fucking nuts! Having a car and being able to drive at a moment's notice is a great freedom. Without it, I'd feel helpless. Who knows. Maybe it'll be okay and I can relax a bit when I visit. I'm not complaining but this effects my wallet majorly since I do all the driving now. Good thing Sara lives near a lot of places to eat downtown and even close to a large campus. The bridge leading there is fun to walk across so I'll take pics when I get my new digital camera.

I do know this. I'm not looking forward to this year's July 4th as much as I used to. It's like everything has changed into less excitement. Sure, there's my anger over Iraq and how our shit-for-brains president thinks that he has a right to do anything he pleases no matter how fucked up his policies are but also how down Sara has been. Having a seizure is scary and might even make her question things about herself. I always ask why I go through certain things. It's only now that I find a lot of people get cysts at some point.

So, this is a dull entry due to the distractions going on. I've been packing and a lot of my mind has been wondering whether the birthday gifts are good enough for Sara. Trust me. There will be drama as her best friend, Bri, will be here to visit as well. He's mad at me because he blames me for last year's breakup with his boyfriend. Apparently, it's not polite to ask if someone is bi since it only leads to more questions in regards to the lover's wondering. Some of me doesn't care. My bisexual friends don't so why should I all of a sudden? Happy twats all around.


2 comments:

Dr. K said...

Actually, "Every Breath You Take" is not about a stalker. It's about the government becoming a Big Brother government, like the book 1984. I hate how people think it's such a romantic song and play it at weddings and shit. Even if you didn't know it was about politics, the song is still pretty creepy!

I'm sure that Sarah will love all her gifts because you bought them. And you always seem like you put a lot of thought into those types of things. She's lucky.

Zuzu said...

For what it's worth, I can probably count, on one hand, the number of times I've driven a car in the last 20+ years. I don't feel like my independence is fettered. When you start riding a bike, walking, exploring other ways of moving about the planet- there's a wonderful shift that takes place. The few times I need/want a car, I can call a taxi - extravagant? Far less costly than maintaining a car on a daily basis.