Friday, July 27, 2007

Bring It On

Sammy, I love you to death. Your use of sarcasm in saying that dog fighting is more entertaining than football really got to me by making me angry. After a bit of thinking, I get how you made this attempt. However, you are forgetting how I, along with a lot of other people on Blogger, am a total animal lover. It's when I realized that I, too, made a nasty sarcastic remark about children being "shot and not heard" that I realized I'm just as guilty.

However, I've got a little something to add to all this, since I'm a total animal lover at heart. Dog fighting is not funny nor is it something we should consider a sport. It's brutal and full of people that define masculinity as owning something that has the potential to kill. And kill it does, pit bulls are ferocious when trained to win in a pit where only 1 of 2 come out. It's horrifying to hear that the owners of dogs will kill those that don't live up to the challenges faced.

Training a pit bull for dog fighting is not an easy task. You starve it to make it bloodthirsty, juice it up with steroids, and have it work out by placing it on a treadmill for long hours. There are 'rape stands' for overly aggressive dogs to impregnate the females in keeping the champion's lineage alive. This is huge money and it has only gotten worse over the years.

Now, the major problem with all this, those of you that don't see dog fighting as barbaric, is that most of the pit bull owners are uneducated dipshits. In other words, a lot of these people are black and live in shitty homes with signs that say "Beware Of Dog" on the fences. Don't believe me? Go up into our black neighborhoods and compare. Then, tell me I'm a racist prick and I'll point out a pit bull being walked that has obvious signs of dog fighting (scars from lashes or ears are torn). These uneducated fucks, when not bitching about how the town is racist, allow their dangerous dogs to roam. People with small I.Q.'s forget to lock their fences' gates. What happens next?

Gee, I'd like to tell you about the recent event where a female mail carrier was mauled while the pit bull's owner watched in amusement. Her face was extremely torn up. The owner, after an interview, told the reporter that he wanted to see how his dog would do in a fight with a person. I've also seen, over and over again, that small children have been killed or mauled in towns all over. Pit bulls, as aggressive as they are, will see them as challenges.

I remember last year the nearly tragic event where an older couple was out for a walk about 20 blocks to this house's left. A pit bull running loose came after the guy's wife. Luckily, this took place near their house because the guy had to go in and get a baseball bat to fight off the dog. The woman's face, arms, and legs were torn up pretty bad. When a pit bull bites down, it's an extreme amount of pressure that's almost as bad as an alligator's. This is super dangerous because they are trained NOT to let go no matter what. A pit generally goes for the face but will chomp down on whatever is placed before it, especially a moving arm.

A while back, I worked in a local humane society that took in animals but also placed temporary dangerous ones in pens located in the back. I saw it all. We had a giant rabid Saint Bernard that I'll never forget but it's the pits that constantly came and went. Guess who the owners were. I never saw 1 white person in my 2 years there. Not one. It was black owner after black owner coming to get their dog(s) and pay the fines placed on them. One time, I took the time just to see what an owner had to say and got some of the most uneducated bullshit I've ever heard in my life.

I don't get it. I don't fucking get it! Why do so many black males need to use pit bulls as some form of masculinity!?! These are beautiful loyal dogs that only end up as dangerous when in the hands of these idiots with no education of any type. Yeah, they all want to be like rap acts that are just as ignorant where violent dogs act out. DMX constantly had pits in his videos that were held back by chains or they'd go at it.

Slutwatcher, Tamala, and a few others in the gym all discussed this. Why is it that Michael Vick's alleged possibility in dogfighting divides us racially? There should be nothing of the sort. When I read that blacks are behind Vick all because he donates backpacks to poor black kids, this sickened me. It's ignorant that someone would find greatness in a person that just wants to up his image all while doing illegal things. Are the poor blacks really that gullible? Don Imus has a camp that helps sick kids so does that justify his racist comments? No. It just points out that the uneducated are that way for a reason. I laugh at how reporters and those involved in the justice system have to tone down their words or the race card gets played. Me, I don't live in a politically correct world so I hate how there are so many ignorant black males parading their stupidity.

We all know I admire Michael Jordan. He made me want to watch a sport that I hated all while admiring his almost balletic form of returning the ball to the basket. The one thing I really admired was that Michael never bitched about his contract, instead he played it out and didn't whine that everyone else was making more. I could go on and on about Jordan but I'd drop any sort of admiration if I ever found him to be involved in dogfighting. This placing athletes on pedestals is gross.

Now, I know Michael Vick's problems are only alleged. Yes, everyone is innocent til proven guilty but do you know the facts? They have been pursuing Vick since 2001 with good reason. It's only now that with the cooperation of other dogfighting participants that they can get him. 8 dog carcasses were found on the premises. 66 dogs were found and 55 of these were pit bulls. There were 'rape rooms' and major evidence that dogfighting pits were there and used. Last time I checked, this kind of shit was illegal. So, how come Vick says he doesn't know about any of this? Dogfighting is hard to bust because many of the people involved try to keep it underground even while the money flows. Plus, you've got to be a real good black undercover officer that knows all the codes. One guy almost blew his cover when he found himself forced to buy a dog that was about to be taken out in the back and shot for losing.

Sam, this whole easy cop-out of saying that we eat animals so why not make them fight has no merit. What makes me go back is the reasoning used by Indians. When killing for food, you use the whole animal. By that, the bones were for weapons and the meat was for food. There is also a difference between domesticated animals and those on a farm. Dogs, cat, rabbits, ferrets, and various others that you find in homes can live there. Cows and buffalo cannot. Dogs and cats, when trained by a good pet owner, will not shit or piss in your house. Well, unless a bad case of diarrhea happens, 5-Pound Phooey is amazing when it comes to this as all pet owners know. Plus, chickens just don't have any personality.

I love my little 5-Pound Phooey. There are times I get a little worried that a pit bull will run up to us and begin attacking. You'd better believe I'm gonna fight it off with all the strength I can before it's jaws chomp down on her. Fighting off a dog is tougher than a human, especially if you've ever witnessed what a pit bull can do. Then, I'm gonna sue the hell out of the owner. If that owner just stands by to watch, he's next for bone breaking. Thanks to martial arts, I know just what to break first.

So, bring it on. Tell me I'm wrong. I'm extremely sensitive to animal rights along with obesity and racial issues. You cannot tell me that a dog bite from the past makes you a hater of animals or dogs in general. A German shepard bit me but that was my fault. I provoked it by jumping onto a fence while it was just protecting its space. At some point, my butt cheek healed. It only took Sara to help me realize that a little pain there is a good thing. Happy twats all around.

4 comments:

Samantha Duncan said...

First of all, I didn’t say we should make animals fight just because we eat them. Nor did I say I hated dogs. I actually said I didn’t hate them. If you’re going to paraphrase me, I’d appreciate if you read my comments more carefully so you don’t end up misquoting or putting words in my mouth.

You’re coming at this largely out of emotion, as you do with most issues, so I don’t know if a rational discussion is even possible. Either way, if you’d stop shooting from the hip so much, you may have realized that I do agree with you. Of course dog fighting is bad, I never said it wasn’t. I may not have the passion for animals you and others do, but I certainly don’t condone the torture dog fighting puts them through. So. Agree to…agree, yes?

Dogs and cats, when trained by a good pet owner, will not shit or piss in your house. Plus, chickens just don't have any personality.

Imagine if we treated the human race this way. People with Tourette Syndrome would be ostracized. The anti-socials would be made fun of. Mentally retarded people wouldn’t be able to get a job and support themselves. Oh wait, we do treat the human race this way. And aren’t we a better society for it?

(In case your sarcasm filter’s turned off, that was a joke)

Why is it that Michael Vick's alleged possibility in dogfighting divides us racially? There should be nothing of the sort.

Agreed. So why on earth are you making it a racial issue? Because first of all, it’s not, like you said. And second of all, half of what you say in connection with race and dog fighting isn’t even true! Dog fighting is practiced worldwide, both legally and illegally. It’s been traced back to the Roman Empire, and it’s currently practiced widely in Russia and Latin America, among a number of other countries. It’s also been traced back to colonial America:

“Although it is now completely outlawed in the United States and in many other countries, it was once completely legal and was sanctioned by aristocracy, embraced by medieval gentry and promoted by colonial and Victorian ruffians.”

(link to that article: http://www.animallaw.info/articles/qvusdogfighting.htm)

Yes, they said aristocracy. I’m not an expert, but I doubt there are/were many black people in colonial times, nor are there in the vast number of countries dog fighting is practiced in today. So let’s look at the facts and not make this a racial issue.

I think what baffles me most is that my sarcastic comment about dog fighting was deemed offensive, while no one even reacted towards your blatantly racist remarks about black people. It’s clear to me, and probably others who read you, that you have a lot of anger and prejudice towards that race, but there’s no need to use dog fighting as yet another excuse to harp on black people. At first, I was going to write off your comments with the fact that you’re from the Midwest and have likely had a limited exposure to the black race (i.e. the news and music videos). But then I realized, wait, I also grew up in a place with a low black population, and I don’t write them off as uneducated/poor/violent/insert stereotype here. I’m not black, so I can’t speak for them or the race. But I think if you opened your mind a little, you’d realize that being black is not about being a rap star or being in a gang. Black people, as with those from any other race, have extremely diverse ambitions that cannot be boiled down to what you see on MTV. That you even suggest otherwise screams of the ignorance you shun so vehemently.

Wendy said...

I have to say I am not sure about the race thing. But that is because I live where Hispanic men own pits..heh (I am part latina so I can say whatever I want about the Hispanic race)

I used to own pits, well she was a registered Staffordshire terrior and we (my boyfriend at the time)bred and sold pups.

Our pits were the sweetest most playful lick you to death dogs. But, the bredding is in them and they will not tolerate other dogs or cats and it can be dangerous because they do clamp down and not let go. With proper training we were able to socialize out dogs and they were fantastic pets. But, in the wrong hands their natural instincts will take over.

It is simply cruel what Vick and so many others do to these animals. Let's not be nieve and thin only black people were profiting from these dog fights. I wonder how many NFL participants there were? From managers and refs all the way doen the chain. Betting is betting and money is money.

On another blog I read the guy knows Vick and says he is a horrible person and he brought up the other NFL particpant thing, and many of them are white.

Wendy said...

sam, have you seen the movie "Fast Food Nation"?

Samantha Duncan said...

Haven't seen it, but I can figure out the gist of it if you're referring to the whole animal slaughtering thing.