Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Timing, It's All There Is

"There's a place I like to roam,
and nobody knows it but me.
The roads don't go there,
and the signs stay home,
and nobody knows it but me.
It's far, far away
and way, way afar.
It's over the moon and the sea
and wherever you're going
that's wherever you'll be
and nobody knows it but me."

-"Nobody Knows It But Me" by Patrick O' Leary

I know, I know. You weren't sitting there wondering what my favorite poem was. Well, there it is and I was just walking around my room thinking of it. The whole poem kind of reminds me of various things, my ex-girlfriend, Kristan, and her insane need to move all over the world and my personal amazement of wanting to see various places in the world. However, I also realize that it could be a simple standing there and looking out at the moon while someone you love or miss is away from your grip. Just out there, someone is looking at the same stars as you, wondering where you are and where you'll be.

Oh, yes, I do have a sentimental side. It pretty much comes out upon meeting me. As much as I can be a dirty, dirty-minded boy, that's just a small piece of the icing that makes up what I allow you to know about me. Lurking within, there is one of the sweetest, nicest, goofiest, boys that you'd feel safe to curl up with without a worry in your heart. He'll protect you from all your fears because he made you laugh over his story on how his long toes allows him to live with squirrels up in the trees. Plus, as a bonus, that dreaded closet monster is very much in fear over a guy that bench-presses 300-pounds.

Well, he used to do that much........still looks good, though.

I'm not sure what kind of coincidence this is. Just before I left Indiana, I picked up the local paper sitting on top of an ATM. I'm a total reader so it's not surprising that I enjoy seeing what's going on in any town I find myself in. Epilepsy. That was one of the major articles and, yes, it shocked me to read more into something I'm only now experiencing thanks to Sara. Some cannot drive? Others cannot shower alone? Sara and I have that last one down to perfection but I'm a little fearful. I've yet to see a seizure so knowing that to do is a must on the next visit.

Never ceases to amaze me. Show a girl a new type of undies, and they go nuts in wanting you to model it for her. I like to call them the "Beckhams" because this pair of Calvin Klein undies is close to being considered one of those dreaded 'tighty-whities' due to the smallness. It's just that they're black and Sara wondered how my balls fit into such little amount of fabric. Is there anything more erotic to seeing a girl play with a guy's undies just to watch how his 'equipment' fits in there? NO!

So, life? It matters to me in taking the time to read what matters most. Of course, that meant getting my hands on the latest Harry Potter book. We, meaning Sara, her roommate, and friend, all went to a campus bookstore in hopes of avoiding large masses of small children lined up. Sure, it was fun the first time (Yes, those pics in that section were from the 6th book's releasing) but no more! Ah just says no to noses that need to be wiped by Mommy as I await my chance to sit down and find out who lives and who dies.

After 200 or so pages, I couldn't believe the bird, an owl named Hedwig, died. Dammit, I had to keep my mouth shut as I sat there in Sara's living room with the 3 girls. It was the most quiet you can get out of a room with 3 women that talk and talk and talk. If I showed any sign of needing to discuss what I've read, looks of shut-the-fuck-up were so on. You know it, baby. Us fast readers tend to annoy/anger those that slowly take in each page.

By 3am, I called it a night. I'm pretty sure I was in the 300something page area. Slept soundly, of course. It's just that when you come to a conclusion to a series, it gets you to debate on whether you should slow down. This is the 7th and final book when it comes to Harry Potter. And, yes, I am proud to admit I enjoyed the adventures of Hermione, Harry, and Ron as they dealt with the forces of evil led by Lord Voldemort. How scary is it to admit that a 3rd Grader started me on these books?

We did nothing much til all of us had finished Harry Potter And the Deathly Hallows. I was done on Saturday around 9:20pm while Sara finished around 8pm Sunday. I paced as I waited to discuss the 700something page book. Please, for the love of Hell within me, let me talk about how much I miss the little bird.

Mystery Cat did her best. Remember her? That starving cat has still made me her favorite human friend. To show this, I was offered a dead baby bird it carried all the way over from across the street. Sara was reading as I looked the gift presented to me on the porch. Geez, it was this moment that I wondered if I should make a double-secret visit to this sexy ball of fur seeing as my girlfriend with a book was ignoring me all day. Not just any old baby bird to win my cold heart but a whole baby bird. Yuck. This cat does speak from the heart, though.

The only other news is that I'm dying to know what the gang thinks about the latest visit to Atlanta, Georgia as being a strong possibility. Famous people? Oh, yeah! If you ever watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer on TV or Battlestar Galactica on Sci-Fi, 2 actors are going to be there. Me, I'm all for Lance Henrikson, a man I know from the following movies, PumpkinHead, Terminator, Aliens, Near Dark, and Aliens Versus Predator. He may not matter much to you but I grew up with him. Damn, it would be great to get a picture of myself with Lance! Atlanta is hopefully a go on August 31st-September 3rd.

Ooooh, kiddies! My birthday is coming around soon. Sara has warned me that she can't match me in gifts as I did, diamond earrings and expensive books. All I really want from someone are things that show they know me. What do I love? What drives me nuts besides a 60-inch plasma flatscreen TV? How well do you know me? I've always thought that it's best to show you've been paying attention than in how much something costs. Birthday is September 6th. You have been warned. Will accept nude pictures of you driving tractors. Tits, ass, and a plow get my heart started like you'll never understand.

So, I be off. I'm still a wee bit tired from Indiana. 5-Pound Phooey has not been leaving me along thanks to a fear that I'll be off again. All sorts of special makeout sessions need to be held with this small dog o' wonder. Blinds closed, of course. She's right, though. I'll be back in Indiana soon, seeing as we have our annual World Series of Colt League to attend and a house party where nerds can really let loose on Halo 2 or Wii. Tomorrow, I just might let out some insights on sex. Just hope I'm feeling like a criminal and need to be redeemed. Happy twats all around.

No comments: