Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Mistake?

"You have to systematically create confusion. It sets creativity free. Everything that is contradictary creates life."

-Salvadore Dali

I'm or was a problem child in one area. It's my occasional fulfilling need to be obsessive here and there. When I get into something, I really go for it but will suddenly discard it all out of boredom. Give me time and I'll pick it back up again. That's the way I am with books. For a month or two, I'll be found reading like it's an addiction only to go months later with no interest. You could also say I have that problem with bagels, too.

Obviously, I worked on Stephen King's 'The Mist' and found myself loving it. It's not my usual kind of horror story that thrills me. That would be anything with werewolves, demented vampires, and weirdos that hold my interest with cunning abilities not matched by ordinary human thinking. Of course, if you were to have all those things combined into one book, I'd get my hands on it super fast and hope illustrations are added to make my mind wonder all day. I'm such a sucker when warped into characters that are flawed in a good way only to bring forth the hero in them when a werewolf stirs up trouble.

The Mist starts off the usual way, introduce the characters and make you want to see them through their lives, namely a man and his son sent to the grocery store. While I enjoy Stephen King books, this is not one of his best. C'mon, a grocery store where 80 people are held inside all thanks to a mysterious mist that's engulfed the town. Every now and then, a few people end up food for whatever it is making noises out there at night. Unfortunately, I have to spoil one thing. I'm curious as to what they are going to do with the giant spiders in the pharmacy. Sorry. I'm big on arachnids. Hopefully, this movie due out soon will contain some surprises all while staying as faithful as possible. I just know they'll ruin the 'ending' and even reveal where some of those monsters come from.

The good Stephen King movies are Cujo (dog and car), The Shining (man and hotel), Salem's Lot (man and vampires), and The Running Man (man versus game show tycoon). There might be one more but that's all that I can come up with off the top of my head. It's doubtful that The Mist will do well because the premise is sorta loopy and just might tend to drag a bit. I'm not saying it's bad but just not up to par with something that could hold my interest for over 45 minutes. I still cannot believe King wrote The Running Man and find myself forgetting this until I see it on the shelf where his titles are kept.

So, how have I been? Ever found yourself waking up only to feel like you need more sleep? That was my day, shuffling my feet around the house, reading, and then back to bed. Slept til almost 1:30pm. Even 5-Pound Phooey didn't have a problem with this because she came over and slept at my side. It's either work's craziness or the weather that's making me so sleepy. Love the workout I get that adds onto my gym insanity but there's only so much a body can take.

There's really not much to talk about. While I am planning on heading out to Indiana next weekend thanks to stores out there carrying what mine ran out (hint: think nude photography and Tanya Chalkin's calendar), my obsessions take up too much of my time. When I start a book that gets to me because I want to know more, it's over. My day is done because I will only find that my time is spent with a glass of ice water and the book. Yes, I still pee and walk my dog but there isn't much more. Since The Mist was a somewhat short story, it's over and done by evening. Sweet sorrow and that ending............not sure what to say yet. Spiders! Whoo!

So, yeah, your day should be far more interesting than mine. Next weekend, I dare you to beat a 79 mile drive, nasty sex, and shopping for another copy of Uwe Ommer's 'Do It Yourself.' I'm curious as to what Sara thinks about the self-shot erotic photos in this book. Give a girl a camera......and all hell breaks loose. Pussy should be shown, not concealed, right? Interesting how Sara showed me a video from her favorite sex site and added that the naked male holding his hard-on turned her on. Show a girl a penis and it's just more trouble than I can handle. Somewhere in all this, there is Christmas spirit just waiting to stir things up. Happy twats all around.

No comments: